Good catch
jerryup, http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=31&t=2664...I see Trainnut caught it almost immediately, good reply!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:...good reply!
I come up with one every couple blue moons or so...
Gee - should I delete the thread? or let it stay??

If he doesn't come back and at least "Say Hello"... the thread is saying "Goodbye" Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

.......... I agree.. Good Catch!! Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Perhaps send him a PM educatin' him of proper ettiquette and that if he does not, his thread is in danger of entering the trash bin.
????
Trash it anyway.
If he comes back asking what happened to his thread we can explain it then.

And to think...I was truley interested in the SD60, til I saw an evilbay link.
Thats tantamount to "false advertising". Thinking I was going to buy from a member, and finding out it was an ebay aution?

Trash it. Pm him explaining why. Best guess....he won't be back anyway.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
That was a good catch! Thumbsup
I finally got the chance to google and bing his name.. seems he only exists in 2 places online... "here" and e-pay Sad Sad

Oh well... the thread is now in the Ash pit Smile Smile Smile Smile

~~~ Thanks again Guys!!!!!

No - No PM was sent Smile I agree with the logic that he'll not be back and if he does come back.. We'll explain it to him then.......
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

OK - PM has been sent:
===========================================
Hi Jerry:

This is just a note to explain why your second post in Swap Meet was deleted along with your first. While it looks like you have some interesting items to offer, The Swap Meet is for use by Big Blue members. Joining a board and jumping right in and posting items for sale, without contributing any other information is considered bad netiquette. Here we consider it spamming...

If you post a third such post, we will be forced to ban you, since now you have been warned.

You are more than welcome to join in on any of our discussions in any of our forums, then after a bit of getting to know you, you are welcome to post in the swap meet.

If you have any questions, please reply here and I'll answer them.

~~ Mikey - Co-Owner of Big Blue Model Railroad Forum....
===========================================

If he posts another one (selling) - Move It To The Ash Pit - ASAP!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Remember to click (turn off) the box (leave Ghost thread)

If he posts something somewhere - post a link here to the other "good" post Smile

If he answers my PM - I'll post it here......
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I think its time to set up the same method in Swap Meet as we have in "Big Blue Yellow Pages". All sale item posts must be approved first.
I mean, if its a regular member, it can be approved of right away. But if someone like "Jerry" migrates over here just to post something he has for sale on evilbay, it gets put on hold. I'm sure the person will either PM someone and ask why his post isn't being shown, in which case an explanation can be given, or he'll just give up and move on.
I think "jerry" posted just once at first to see what would happen. When we didn't take imediate action, he figured he was safe, and posted another one. I get the impression, we aren't the first one's he's tried this at. If Mikey only found him here and evilbay, he could of been banned elsewhere.

Damn....I really was interested in that SD60 too..............
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Oh well... the thread is now in the Ash pit Eek Eek

I was gonna use them ashes to repave my driveway! Now you've gone and contaminated 'em!! Curse
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

post #1 = evilbay link..................good riddance to bad rubbish.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Sumpter250 Wrote:Oh well... the thread is now in the Ash pit Eek Eek

I was gonna use them ashes to repave my driveway! Now you've gone and contaminated 'em!! Curse
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

post #1 = evilbay link..................good riddance to bad rubbish.

I don't know how "evil" e bay is but,I am quite happy with the 2 "hit and runs" I got.

A Athearn SD38-less then $50.00.

2 N Scale Intermountain box cars for the price of 1.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
I received this answer and I replied (Below)

jerryup Wrote:Well I received no e-mail or PM telling me that my first post was deleted. Which made me think I hadn't submitted the first. I have no problem respecting your rules. I post on other railroad forums and just found your site from a member of one of those forums. I will add your forum to the list of forums that I post to.

Thanks
Jerry

Great!! Smile Smile Thanks!! We look forward to you joining in here... I am also a seller on e-bay - I don't have many trains to sell though. Best of luck!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

"As the judge replied the day that he,
Aquitted my Aunt Hortense,
To be smut it must be Ut-ter-ly,
Without redeeming social importance." - Tom Lehrer

But I think he needs to show activity other than just Ebay links, or he is just using us.