Shipyard needs a collier
I've had a Lindberg "North Atlantic Fishing Trawler" kit, waiting to be converted into something, and decided, the shipyard could use a collier, to bring in coal for the narrow gauge locos.
So !
in this shot, the two tugs, the coastal freighter (also a trawler kitbash), and the new collier.

Here, the fore deck has been lowered, the main deck has been leveled out (the original had a step down 'midships), a new superstructure built, and all the joints puttied with "Apoxiesculp". Once the putty has set, it gets sanded, and the two cargo hatches get built.

This is a "bow on" shot that shows the Revell "harbor tug" pilot house, and the superstructure. It's hard to see, but on the foredeck, is a reinforcing plate, where the anchor chains pass from the hawsepipes to where the anchor windlass will be. The anchors are already fixed in the hawsepipes.

This one will make an occasional appearance on the new module set, and can also show up on the old one. I probably will not cut out the deck, for the cargo hatches, as they will most like remain covered........have to think about that one.
Anyway, here we go again!........" underway, shift colors ! "
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Well Pete, if the other vessels are any indication, this one will be awesome as well! Thumbsup Looking forward to seeing it happen.

All I can say is "carry on"!
Steve
I got a little bit more done.
This shot is a comparison of the freighter bow, and the collier bow. You can see the different foredeck heights, and the "rub plate" for the anchor chains, I also got the anchor windlass drums installed .

Here, the differences in the pilot houses. I modified the windows, and the entry door. I also got in the "windbreak" across the bridge level.

This shot is of the foredeck, from above and behind the pilot house and stack. To the port side is the companionway to the Forecastle ( fo'c'sl ), and the windlass machinery room. There will be a ladder on the starboard side, from the main deck up to the foredeck, railings, and "other hardware", later.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
BAH you telling fibs...
they are two different kits entirely arent they!!!

;-)

(incredible- the detail is almost impossible to tell its there- brilliant job!!!)
poopsie chicken tush
Since last post here, Daughter picked up the bunk bed in the spare bedroom, the computer desk got assembled, a "photo booth" just got built, and there's been some progress on the collier.
This shot of the bow, shows the chocks, bitts, ladder from the main deck up to the fore deck, and part of the forward hatch.

In this shot, midships, both cargo hatches are visible.

Aft, the superstructure. The structure has been re-arranged, and the decks leveled a bit more.

Here, the front of the superstructure, got the radar unit built and installed on the pilot house . P/S on the main deck are the water tight doors of the "break", bulkhead extensions out to the sides, that protect the crew from wave water moving aft on deck.The level above the main deck has the windbreaks in place, from the structure, out to both sides.

Starboard side, looking down

Starboard side, low level view. The height to length ratio looks pretty good.

Next, there's a lot of "detail" that needs to be built and put in. Ladders between decks, railings, door fittings, fire fighting equipment, davits for the ship's boat, etc.