Building and bracing larger structures...
I think it will actually roll up in about an 18" or 20" diameter.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Wayne, it's always a pleasure to view your modeling and layout pics. Thanks for sharing.

Bruce
Ralph Wrote:Is that big curved retaining wall beneath National Grocers also styrene?

Yeah, it was one of my first uses of the material from a large sheet - I think that one was .040" thick. I needed to close-in the side of the elevated grade, as I didn't have a plan for any of the foreground structures that were added later, and was worried that a lot of that area would be visible. It's not too noticeable in the photo below, but my favourite prototype road, the TH&B, used a similar wall alongside their elevated right-of-way through my hometown of Hamilton, Ontario. Part of it was right across the street from the house where I first lived. While it extends for a couple of blocks, only a small portion of it is visible at left:
[Image: THBstationetc023.jpg]

Because the upper roadbed is 3/4" plywood, I was stumped for a method to fasten the styrene retaining wall in place, especially around the curves. I finally cut a 1" wide strip from the sheet, the same length as the wall, and stapled it to the side of the roadbed. It was then a simple matter to apply some lacquer thinner to the strip and to the rear of the wall and press the two surfaces together.

Gary S Wrote:Does this mean you'll be back to working on the layout?

Not likely before the Fall, and even later if I don't clear up a lot of outstanding projects (and not all are train ones). Wallbang Misngth

BR60103 Wrote:How do get a 4x8 sheet of .060" home? Strapped to the roof of the car?

That was one of my concerns, too, but as Gary mentions, they roll it up and wrap it with tape. My first one went home standing in the front seat of my pick-up. Goldth Wink

Wayne