A "planned abscence"
Is it "that time of the year" already ??
Ayuh, it most certainly is.
My annual "disappear off the face of the Earth week", will be the first week of ( 1-7 ) June.
As usual, I have no idea where I'll get to, or be at. That's the beauty of this concept, no plan, no schedule, no set destination.
just "disappear" for a week. Two bit motels, "greasy spoons", and no interstate highways...........and, with the exception of my "early Jurassic era cell phone", no technology.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sounds great...! Have fun! Thumbsup Big Grin

Andrew
Full tank of gas and an open road....my kinda trip. Thumbsup Thumbsup Enjoy! Goldth

Wayne
Nice!!! I havent taken my "3 hour road trip" yet Smile Smile Been too busy - i'll get there though Smile Smile Smile It'a always fun to dissappear Smile I couldn't imagine doing that for a week LOL Have a safe one!!!!! Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Peggy and I canceled our "across the country" road trip scheduled for next month. We will wonder away from home though, just not as far. Who knows, we may run into Pete somewhere along the way. Enjoy your wanderlust Pete, it's in our blood. Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I couldn't escape the "Hawks", people were talking about them all week. I also heard more than enough about the "Gulf oil disaster".
Other than that ? ....yeah, peace, quiet, and a chance to regain my humanity.
All in all ? Great week !!!!
And now........back to our... Nope ...my life. Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!