Steamtrains' 2010 Summer structure challenge entry
Hi Kurt...I purchased the dies on eBay....Here's the link:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360213649173&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT</a><!-- m -->
Gus (LC&P).
I'm gonna have to get the dies myself. I will be doing a very large complex of tin covered buildings, this looks like an economical way to accomplish that.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
That definitely comes out cleaner than my method rubbing the foil against computer ribbon cable. You could probably use computer ribbon cable to make your own dies by gluing it to blocks of wood, and use just like the dies you purchased. It also looks like your HD foil is thicker than the HD foil I bought.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Gus ...

The "Rules" as stated in the beginning are ...

Quote: ... The challenge starts on June 1, and will run until Sept. 7, the day after Labor Day here in the US. A poll will open after that date, so that we can pick a winner.
As usual, there are no real prizes, just bragging rights and a certificate from Big Blue showing that you won one of the top three spots.
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Thanks for looking....and for that info biL.

I too have a large complex of buildings in my future, which was also a reason for trying this out.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
looking great ST and your right that hand making corrgated roof in a bit of a time consuming thing one hint i have is to use a rotary paper cutter (clean fast cuts ) one can set up a stop to make repitive cuts and the blade last a long time cutting foil.
jim
Thanks for that tip, Jim. I'll keep it in mind for the next project... Thumbsup

Just a pic in case y'all think I dropped out of sight....Been away AND working. Got around to sheeting the roof on Friday PM, and here's a peek of the first roof (the porch...)

[Image: DSCF2635.jpg]

The color on that roof is not as "yellowish as the picture shows (incandescent lights). It's got a lot more "metal" look to it. For the finished pics I hope to do them outdoors (if the weather cooperates... Curse ).

I'll be finishing the larger roof today, and hopefully get it all assembled (doors, roof, stacks, etc...). If so, I'll call it good today.... Goldth

More to come.....
Gus (LC&P).
That turned out very nice. And the color looks just fine, not too yellow from here. Time for me to check out those dies.
The color looks good to me, even if it might be a little too yellow in the pic. Can’t wait to see your wonderful roundhouse finished. Great job, Gus Worship Worship .
Kurt
Gentlemen....
After much hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth, the job got done..... 2285_

Here's a short overview of how this whole thing turned out. It's set in the place it will eventually occupy, just have to do a little modification of the tracks. the corner piece that's "missing" on the layout will be properly fitted to prevent any little LPB from winding up in the hospital.....

So here goes....

[Image: DSCF2644.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2646.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2651.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2653.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2656.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2659.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2660.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2661.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2663.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2664.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2667.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2658.jpg]

And that's aaalllll folks..!!

It was a lot of fun building it (and some aggravation... Wallbang ) but I'm glad I finally got around to building it..... Misngth

I'd like to thank all you guys who tagged along with me on this project... Thumbsup

Added 9/07/10:
This morning at work (??) I figured out what was bugging me about the pics I posted. Something just didn't feel right. And the answer..??
NO pics with the doors open.... Wallbang

I went through a mind-numbing ordeal to make those doors operable, and I didn't post any pics of them in the open position...!!
So I post a couple to correct that anomaly, and for your viewing pleasure... Goldth

[Image: DSCF2670.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2671.jpg]
Gus (LC&P).
A W E S O M E 2285_

and excellent!

That turned out terrific, Gus. Love the tin roof! Well heck, love the whole thing! A great addition to your layout, and one to be proud of. Thanks for bringing us along on the journey. Smile
Very , very nice work. I am really amazed at the quality of work being presented on this challenge. It will be a real tuff decision on who to vote for.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
That is an excellent build! Worship
Tom (TC) - Creator of Extremely Miniature Layouts on Disks! See Them All, and More on My Website. Latest Update: Jan '10.
[Image: 200549bd0989263ef.png]
e-paw Wrote:Very , very nice work. I am really amazed at the quality of work being presented on this challenge. It will be a real tuff decision on who to vote for.
........no it won't......I vote for Steamtrain....... Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
Just a note: ..I added a couple of pics that needed to be put in. Might want to check them out...Or not... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).