Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
A bit more touch up and the handrails installed:

[Image: b253e404.jpg]

Perhaps I'll get back to the GEs now Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

Look at that, I actually did go back to working on the GE's Goldth done with the painting and decaling on the Dash 8-40B, almost done with the U30B

[Image: e96e9d45.jpg]
Tom

Model Conrail

More progress, got a lot done. I had to extend the deck on the U30B. On the B23-7 i need to make window ports on the side of the cab or just get a strip of styrene and give it the "plugged" look, only problem is the plugs and windows are roundish 35 so Ill have to think of something.

[Image: 182f0024.jpg]
Tom

Model Conrail

Ended up grabbing some athearn drivetrains and throwing them in the U30 and 8-40, they run great. all I need now to make them look good is the Hand Rails and Sideframes for the trucks 2285_
Tom

Model Conrail

You do some quality work, Tom. How hard is it to put on those large decals on the sides of the locos?
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
The microscale ones aren't bad at all, but the Champs are much older and prone to tearing, I have to be very careful handling them. One of the things you can do with the older decals is to spray them with a decal bonder to help them not rip, but i haven't tried that yet.

With the bigger decals I throw a bunch of water over the area I'm applying to and then position it into place gently with my hand or by picking up one of the sides with a pair of tweezers if it's able to move freely. After it's in position I'll dab it with a damp paper towel to get it in place. As opposed as the smaller decals I set it in place and then take the end of a paper towel and get it close enough to the decal to absorb the water from it, then roll over the decal so it says in place.
Tom

Model Conrail

Your decal technique definitely works, because the results are wonderful. I'm not a Conrail guy, but those locos look terrific.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Thanks for the kind words Gary, as always I like the 3 foot rule too Goldth

A quick photo of the U30B and 8-40C with the drivetrains in, donated from some athearn gp-38-2's, luckily the one had the handrail/detail pack for a U28B and it fits the U30 perfect

[Image: a36d3f8a.jpg]

I only need to get side frames for the GE trucks and some nickel silver wheels and the lower half will be done
Tom

Model Conrail

Are you going to super-detail any of these? They look pretty good so far
Mike
I will when money allows it Goldth
Tom

Model Conrail

Slowly working on these, haven't had much time to do any modeling, a bit of work on the numberboards:

[Image: c6010df6.jpg]
Tom

Model Conrail

That is some spiffy looking motive power Tom! Nice work on the paint and decals. Thumbsup
Looking great Tom!
-Dave