It wouldn't be the gauge without:
The BOX!!!!!    
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Oh Geeze!!!!! IT's BaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA K!!!!!!!! Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Okay, I'm really feeling like the new kid here. I did not know about the Gauge RR and now I have no clue as to the significance of this box. Someone feel like elaborating for me?
TrainNut Wrote:Okay, I'm really feeling like the new kid here. I did not know about the Gauge RR and now I have no clue as to the significance of this box. Someone feel like elaborating for me?
That goes back even before my time, but I've seen this box, even on my railroad. Somehow, it mysteriously appears when and where no one expects it. Someday you might even find it on your railroad.

And yes, there were two Gauge boxcars, one in HO, the other N. Both were passes around from one person to the other, I have a series of shots I took when it was on the Canyon States RR in our Wickenberg yard. I'm sure we will have a new Gauge car in each scale once again...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Ol' Blue(HO) has been retired. As it was badly damaged when an inexperienced seventeen year old speeding driver, decided to hit my house. Ol' Blue was on the Xmas layout on our enclosed porch. The kid hit the porch wall(two course field stone) which caused Ol' Blue to hit the floor, and be crushed by a twenty-five year old ceramic house(which was also damaged).

The N scale version was a "private car", that I painted and decaled for someone. It made a cross continent tour to its owner, stopping at different points along the way.

You can see the story on the old site, but I can't seem to find it. I'm afraid both "travelogs" have been lost in one of the server moves.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
All of which begs the question. Will all that is the history of "The-Gauge", be lost in the dust bin? I just finished going through my disks of pictures, looking for the Gauge Box Car, and I can't find the photos I took at Trainfest, the year that the gauge boxcar visited the Cindys Harbor. They would all have been resized, and saved to floppy disks.
I'll have to go to the "recovery CD" and see if those pictures survived. The hard drive they were on had to be formatted to repair "windows....p'tooooie"!
The long, and most often very funny tale of the "Box", is one of those things that set The-Gauge apart from the other MRR boards.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Found it!!!!
Here's the gauge box car on the Model Railroader layout (Turtle Creek) at Trainfest.    
I remember that! A proud moment for me!
See my work on a famous layout. And Ol' Blue behind MRR's 70 Anniversary Car.

It was like seeing your son, catch his first touchdown pass.

It brought a tear to my eye.......
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
When "old Blue" arrived, there were also some containers with it.        
Aww c'mon guys!!! I would Never let these Great parts of Our history be lost!!!!!

Go to Zealot... in the very top bar click on search

enter boxcar tour.... When the results appear - scroll down about the 5th & 6th threads..

Gauge Boxcar-World Tour '03

Gauge "N" Boxcar TGR#101976

Geeze Ed - this was FIVE years ago!!!!!!!!! 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I still have them! When Ol' Blue came home, they were in the box with Ol'Blue.
No ones put a claim in for them, and I remember asking who's they were.

Attached Files Image(s)

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
"Just as an aside, I was one of the ones that first started printing up cardstock containers . . . including Gauge containers both blue and copper in color (see pic below)." RockIslandMike

It took a bit of searching, but.....There had been no talk about containers, on the tour, until I posted my pics, and mentioned the damage. Old blue came to me from RockIslandMike, and, sure enough, he was the one who printed and assembled them.
If we "play it again"t would sure be nice if someone could make up decals.for boxcars and containers.In several scales (Z,N,HO,) posibly S,O,scales,and G gauge.

Don't look at me,the last 3 companys that did decals for me have quit doing custom work. Eek
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
If we do, can we still use the old logo as pictured?
Or, should we come up with a new one?
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:If we do, can we still use the old logo as pictured?
Or, should we come up with a new one?
Use the logo at the top of the page.. It's "Our" new Logo for this site!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75