your railroad related presents
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:Not rail related, but equally impressive, a MASSIVE B36H Peacemaker bomber kit (1:72). This thing is gargantuan, i don't know where to put it when i build it!

When I was stationed in Germany, I built the 1/48 scale model from Monogram. Had to leave it behind because I had no way of getting it home. The thing covered the desk I had in my room. The wing span was over three feet long!

Nothing train related. Except maybe the joy of watching the grand anklebiters carefully pilot garndpa's Rivorossi "Big Boy" around the layout. but that was after thier PSP's they had just gotten, batteries went dead, and no charger.
Another model railroad joy(Before everytime they came for a visit, they wanted to run the trains)lost to today's electronics.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
I got two rectangular pieces of paper with the number 50 in the corners.One was from the best thing that ever happened to me (my wyf of 45 plus years :mrgreen: ) and one from my youngest son (who used his whole bonus check for Christmas presents).

The whole $100.00 will go for train related items like material to finish the benchwork for the N scale empire and some more Z rolling stock.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Not train stuff but its sure gonna get used for the layout... Big Grin

[Image: IMG_0768.JPG]

Husky Workhorse, B&D Power Screwdriver, and Bar Clamps.
Len
http://loblollylogger.blogspot.com/
Its not my job to run the train
toot the whistle or ring the bell
But let the damned thing jump the track
and see who catches Hell!
Stein - that's awesome! VERY creative - but looks more like a red alien to me.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Did not have anything railroady on the wish list, but a couple of weeks ago, a friend gifted 2 3-dome tank cars that were to "old" for his layout.

Yesterday, I unwrapped a calendar and two railroad books from my parents and sister. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Merry Christmas!

Andrew
I did pretty good myself this year
A few back issues of Flags , Diamonds , and Statues
Walther's Medusa cement
some Data only hopper cars
and some CNJ papers from the 1940's
Cheers
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Ed wrote:
I didn't have any model railroad items on my wish list at all for Christmas this year, but this morning, the wife hands me a box and when I opened it, I almost went into cardiac arrest! Inside the box were 6 Atlas 25,500 gal Trinity tank cars with IBPX and PLMX marks and all different numbers!

Talk about a nice Christmas!
---------------------------------
Sounds like a very nice Christmas indeed since those are beautiful tank cars. Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:When I was stationed in Germany, I built the 1/48 scale model from Monogram. Had to leave it behind because I had no way of getting it home. The thing covered the desk I had in my room. The wing span was over three feet long!

Nothing train related. Except maybe the joy of watching the grand anklebiters carefully pilot garndpa's Rivorossi "Big Boy" around the layout. but that was after thier PSP's they had just gotten, batteries went dead, and no charger.
Another model railroad joy(Before everytime they came for a visit, they wanted to run the trains)lost to today's electronics.

That sounds amazing. O-scale bomber! its a shame you couldn't take it with you. I bet you could have installed some batteries and some motors and flew it home! note to self.. build working B36.... unfortuneately, it turns out my kit had doubles of some sprues, and was totally missing another sprue. But thats ok, i don't need all six propellers, or a right wing!

I remember reading somewhere that the B36 had reliability problems. It was popular to say "six turning, four burning". In response, some would say "two turning, two burning, two joking, and two smoking, with two engines not accounted for."

Even so, it is an impressive aircraft. I didn't even know such a thing existed until i walked into the Cold War hangar in the USAF museum at Wright Patterson AFB. At the time, it was the largest airplane I'd ever seen (in fact, i think its wingspan is still technically larger than the B52, C5, and other monstrous air force aircraft). I think i was only 10 years old or so, so that only added to its impressiveness. I remember thinking the propellers had to be taller than my house.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Another gift I found out about yesterday is a years subscription to MR compliments of my daughter. Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:Another gift I found out about yesterday is a years subscription to MR compliments of my daughter. Thumbsup

It's always good to have nice children. Smile

Wolfgang
We can switch it, day by day -
just in time - and safe
Come to us Westport Terminal RR
nachoman Wrote:Stein - that's awesome! VERY creative - but looks more like a red alien to me.

I checked - you are right - it was an alien, not a monster :-)

Btw - got some delayed xmas gifts in the mail today - from my in-laws came a book box from Amazon with books for me, the wife and both kids - all picked from our standing wish lists. I got Lance Mindheim's book "How to build a switching layout".

And a box containing 28 micro switches from Tam Valley - also layout related.

Smile,
Stein
Well I didn't do too bad this year. The modulars were from my father, and the DVD was from my father in law.

This was from Chinook Hobbies in Calgary. Seems where i remember a club layout being 10 years ago is now the clearence section.

Added up the following would have cost $174.89. I paid $50.00 for it.

So not a bad christmas at all.
That light at the end of the Tunnel isn't heaven.........ITS A TRAIN!

My Railpictures.net Pictures
My Ramblings and Pictures