Inland Container
Hi everybody,

This is my first post here on Big Blue, but I've gotten a TON of inspiration from visiting during the past year or so! You guys are doing some great modeling!

I thought folks might be interested in details of a corrugated cardboard plant served by rail:

http://oscalewcor.blogspot.com/2011/01/i...ement.html

Regards,

Jack Hill
Enola, PA
Welcome Welcome Welcome
Jack!

Your blog is interesting and I will definitely have to spend a bit more time poking around!

Maybe the next time I visit, you will have listed this forum under the "Blogs I Follow" section of your profile.

If you've been "hiding, observing from the shadows," you know that we are a friendly, helpful bunch who like pictures. We all look forward to seeing some images of your work. I think yours will be the first container plant.

And just in case you didn't catch it before ... Welcome Welcome Welcome :!: Cheers

I have several plants in containers on my lanai. Icon_lol
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Jack;

Several of us have been following your layout building and you've inspired us!!!
Welcome
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Cheers Cheers Cheers

Jack, I'm glad you finally made it over here!

I have also been inspired by your work and I can't wait to see more of your layout!

Welcome to Big Blue
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)
Welcome. It is interesting to learn how the prototype works in detail.
The weathering of the boxcars is beautiful
Reinhard
Hi Jack - glad to see you have decided to come in and join us
shortliner (Jack) up here in the Highlands
Hi Jack, welcome to the Gauge! I already bookmarked your blog quite a while ago. I am glad that you got on board here now.
Kurt
Welcome! What great work! The room construction alone was informative and helpful...those weathered cars look terrific! I think we're definitely going to need to see some close-ups of those cars.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! It's nice to be here.

I really need to work on my camera skills :oops: but here are a few boxcar photos. I can't take all of the credit for weathering. Some are weathered by my good friend Don Smith.

[Image: P1040725.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2299.jpg]

[Image: P1050482.jpg]

[Image: P1050492.jpg]

[Image: P1040587.jpg]

and here's one of my 1/48 scale cars next to an HO car:

[Image: P1050494.jpg]

I still have details to add on many of my cars (cut bars, Kadee's, separate air hoses etc.) but I've been concentrating on layout building for now:-) Thanks again for making me feel at home here!

Jack
Jack,Nice looking "rusties" .. Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!