MDC Climax kitbash
I took made a saddle for the smokebox. I had a plastic cylinder/saddle casting in my scrapbox
[Image: 001_zpspec0z1ms.jpg]
Then I cut down and fitted in.
[Image: 004_zps1dmcozo0.jpg]
I also finished off the model this morning, adding the pilot steps and a wood fuel load. I think I'm going to keep the engine standard gauge. If I was to do it again I can see where I could narrow it convincingly but not on this model.
[Image: 005_zps3l0ujcau.jpg]
[Image: 006_zps2jeerlqb.jpg]
[Image: 007_zps4vovkxlj.jpg]
The white in the headlight is Micro-Crystal Clear. It will dry clear
[Image: 008_zpssxa9fltl.jpg]
Here it is on the layout, pushing a flatcar full of supplies to the Blackwater mine. I plan to replace the mine with a stamp mill in the fall (just have to get the doors and windows)
I can imagine this little fellow pushing a couple Tichy ore cars around in it's future.
You did an excellent job revisiting this classic kit. A proof those 3n1 kits still have their place in our era.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Thanks Matt. I agree that with enough work and imagination the older 3-1 kits still hold up. I've been collecting them at swap meets over the past few years. I'd like to be able to build most of them and put them together in a diorama one day. So far I've built or collected about 10 of them.
Nice bash, have you considered Kadee disconnect Climax logging trucks?

Dan M.
THAT, is one interesting, and well constructed, bit of "Locomotion" ! Thumbsup Thumbsup Applause

Yup!, I think that rates not one, but, .....THREE,...... Cheers Cheers Cheers .....and Thumbsup Applause Applause
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thank you. I haven't looked at the kadee trucks, mostly due to cost.
Very nicely done sir.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
The weathered paint and the wood are great
Reinhard