new project
e-paw Wrote:OHHH look bench work where there was none before.

Yeah, that’s strange about bench work, it always emerges out of nowhere .... Goldth Icon_lol . Looks like you already spent a lot of time working on your train room. Looks absolutely fantastic Thumbsup . I like how you painted all the walls blue with those clouds on them.
Kurt
Wow! That is going to be a huge layout! Nice bench work. Thumbsup
Very nice train room!! Not to mention that the benchwork looks VERY well built. I can't wait to not be able to see it anymore, for everything covering it.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
Cheers

I wish I had the space you have- wow.

Keep us posted Thumbsup

Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer Popcornbeer
Take it easy- take the train!
Funny thing...benchwork. Just seems to spring out of nowhere. One day you have an empty room...the next, it's full of benchwork....Nice going...!!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
I finished the sand house. I tried to make the sand house look like an older building that was never replaced with a newer structure, but serving a vital service it was well maintained. If you look closely you'll see the original charter name of the railroad from the 1850's. ''S H & D'' Susquehanna Hudson & Delaware later shortened to the Anna lines.
I now need to start the sand storage bin. I am thinking of casting it from plaster of paris. I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Attached Files Image(s)

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
I also managed to build a little more bench work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Started the sand bin today. I was trying for the pored concrete look, I took some measurements to see what would look right and built a form. Then I soldered up some music wire to use as re-bar(I was worried about the casting cracking into a million pieces because it's only a scale 18 inches thick in HO ). Next I de-molded the wall by taking the mold apart. I'll let it dry ,sand off the flashing , and paint it latter.

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool projects in here. I like the idea of rebar too!
-Steven-

The Zealot progress thread: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112267">http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112267</a><!-- m -->
The current progress thread: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=923">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=923</a><!-- l -->
I started to paint and weather the sand bin. There are still some more details to add. I threw in some ground foam for green sand and not to sure if I like it.

Attached Files Image(s)

I don't think that "green" sand was actually green: it simply means that the sand hadn't been dried (and possibly screened), as it needed to flow easily, both for delivery to the loco and through the locos' sanders.

Wayne
The sand house +storage bin are finished. When it's installed on the layout (in the works) it will have an Earthen mound on either side of the bin for the loading ramp, and real sand added to it. Next I may start the out house, a storage shed, or diesel tanks. Still plenty to do.

Attached Files Image(s)

Outstanding!!! I had to look very closely at the photos you posted of the caoling tower, and locos, to be certain they were scale models and not the real thing! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
Put up some more bench work, but the rail road $$$ is about to run out . I've only worked 1 full week sense Christmas so the budget is a little tight .I'll keep working on things until the materials that I have on hand run out.

Attached Files Image(s)

I lost track of this thread. Glad I found it again. If your layout turns out half as good as your buildings, it is going to be fantastic !

Loren
I got my first train when I was three,
put a hundred thousand miles on my knees.