new project
Everything is looking great!! When do we get to see stuff magically appear on that benchwork?

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
Outstanding work, all of it. Thumbsup
Stopped in at the LHS today and picked up some .015 styrene to make a wrapper for the diesel and lube oil tanks.I started with the lube oil because it's the smaller of the 2, to get the feel for it first. That's the side wall wrapper ,when it drys I'll do the roof. The rivet pattered is from some tanks I saw at Stahl soap in Hoboken NJ.They are fabricated from 4 foot x 8 foot steel plates.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Got sidetracked a little but I managed to do a little more work to the storage tanks.

I will have to fill in the gap where the wrapper did not reach, and fix some of the rivets in the upper right corner.

those wraps look freakin sweet Thumbsup is that styrene you embossed?--josh
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
Very nice work!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Thank you , and that is .015 styrene.
Freshly painted tanks, now to finish the pump house.

Attached Files Image(s)

WOW, those are neat, great job on them!! Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Finished the pump house and Oil tanks ( #2 + lube ). So,,,, What to do next ?

Attached Files Image(s)

e-paw Wrote:Finished the pump house and Oil tanks ( #2 + lube ). So,,,, What to do next ?

Looks great, Steve. Thumbsup Thumbsup

In answer to your question, how about a larger photo to admire! Goldth

Wayne
NICE!!!!!! I'm really impressed by the way they turned out!!!! Excellent work! Worship Worship Worship
Ralph
Great looking tanks Thumbsup Thumbsup . How did you make the rivets?

Bruce
I used a NWSL sensipress and riveter, you can see it in some of the pics. It's an impressive tool for making rivets but it can be a bit pricey. If you want to save a few $ you can leave out the riveter table and just get the sensipress with the rivet dies. I'll post some more pics tomorrow .Next I think I'll build a transformer rack or maybe an out house, or cinder conveyor,or diezel racks ,or blowdown aria, or.......
Here's some better pics. I wanted the pump house to look as if it was a converted storage shed. My thinking was that it being the early 40's the rail road was still not to sure about this whole diesel thing and trying to keep there investment to a minimum. The fuel tanks would be new but kept small. Soon they would find them inadequate and install larger ones.

Attached Files Image(s)