"I have a bad feeling----"
Not sure why, but, to quote Han Solo," I have a bad feeling about this one":http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/memberlis...file&u=972
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hmmm...

If it's not a spammer warming up, it's either a message posted accidentally (before finished) or a very, very poor grasp of English. Not to say that either of the last two scenarios should get you banned, but the first certainly will...!

Bears watching as you pointed out. Thumbsup

And almost all the characters in the original trilogy said that line at one point or another...! Wink Big Grin Icon_lol

Andrew
Yeah - I saw that this morning.. I was just waiting for the "Spammer" to show himself... But it never happened...

We'll see though...
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
It could be a spammer, his ISP is in Islamabad, Pakistan. That may account for the poor English, but the post just doesn't make sense.

Remember what your teachers used to say, "all eyes to the front of the room"? Well, all eyes on this guy.

The one thing that bothers me the most is that he had his first post one minute after registering, and then didn't hang around after that. He was auto-logged off 30 minutes later.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:It could be a spammer, his ISP is in Islamabad, Pakistan. That may account for the poor English, but the post just doesn't make sense.

Remember what your teachers used to say, "all eyes to the front of the room"? Well, all eyes on this guy.

The one thing that bothers me the most is that he had his first post one minute after registering, and then didn't hang around after that. He was auto-logged off 30 minutes later.
Damn!!! I didn't notice that!! 35 35 35

I woke up at 6-ish and signed on about 6:15... I "saw" his "New Member Joined" e-mail about 6:30 just after he posted.. I checked his post and went about my daily routine and never thought anything more about it since it wasn't spam. But I left the e-mail so i could remember to check again tonight Big Grin Big Grin

This makes me think of that Bugs & Daffy cartoon....

Daffy Duck - Do we want to "shoot" him now, or wait till we get home????
Bugs - Shoot him now shoot him now!!

Daffy - No! - Not This Time!.... Wait till we get home!..... BLAM!!!!!

Daffy (after being shot) to Bugs - You're Despicable!!!!!!! ~~ Rabbit Seasoning.. One of my fav's

So Big Grin Big Grin Yeah - I'll be keeping an eye on him too Smile we'll see how long it takes him to be banned Shoot
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I may have missed it the first time, but there is an "Industrial Cleaning Supplies" website in his signature, and no further posts. I'm not opening that link --- it might "go off" !!!!

Yeah, I like BOOM!!, but not in my computer Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
We're all a bit out of sorts, I never noticed his siggy either. Well, we don't have to worry, he's not with us anymore, neither is his post. 2285_ Shoot
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Well, we don't have to worry, he's not with us anymore, neither is his post. 2285_ Shoot

Thumbsup Thumbsup Nice Shot :band2"
ezdays Wrote:We're all a bit out of sorts, I never noticed his siggy either. Well, we don't have to worry, he's not with us anymore, neither is his post. 2285_ Shoot

That's because he didn't have one originally. He must have come back and added it...? Is that possible?

Andrew
You're all NOT going nuts!!!! The Sig was NOT there when he posted.. that's one of the first things i checked.. He must have come back later and added the "Spam" to the "Sig"

I always like a little Mayo with my Bar-B-Que !!! Shoot Misngth Misngth Misngth Misngth
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

MasonJar Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:We're all a bit out of sorts, I never noticed his siggy either. Well, we don't have to worry, he's not with us anymore, neither is his post. 2285_ Shoot

That's because he didn't have one originally. He must have come back and added it...? Is that possible?

Andrew
Yes, that's not only possible, but that's what he did. :o Like I said, he posted one minute after he registered yesterday morning, then left. Well, he came back last night and added his siggy. I was about to call and schedule and eye exam and some therapy sessions thinking I was going totally crazy, 35 'cause like Mikey and most all of you, that's one thing I always check to see if someone is a spammer. :?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
To clairfy the procedure Big Grin... Once registered - ??? By a bot maybe????

All a person has to do is go to the "User Control Panel" (top left) and edit the signature to almost anything they want it to be Sad Sad

There is no way for us to limit the sig block except "on & off" for everyone. Which is one reason we need to moderate - so these abusers don't last on here too long Shoot Goldth Misngth
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:To clairfy the procedure Big Grin... Once registered - ??? By a bot maybe????

All a person has to do is go to the "User Control Panel" (top left) and edit the signature to almost anything they want it to be Sad Sad

There is no way for us to limit the sig block except "on & off" for everyone. Which is one reason we need to moderate - so these abusers don't last on here too long Shoot Goldth Misngth
The only alternative to that would be to put all new member's posts in the moderation queue until they had posted some number, but we decided a long time ago that would be too restrictive for legitimate new members and added work for us. It just appears that these spammers are getting more and more clever and we just have to be one step behind them when they do post.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and