Passenger locomotives
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:Very cool push-pull Sumpter!

I've actually had people ask why is that train running backwards? when I run it on the modules.

I usually answer, " It's running into the city. "

( keeps the diesel closer to the open air while waiting for departure back out to the 'burbs ).
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Here are a couple of mine
E8's    
K4    
Charlie
Sumpter250 Wrote:I've actually had people ask why is that train running backwards? when I run it on the modules.

I usually answer, " It's running into the city. "

( keeps the diesel closer to the open air while waiting for departure back out to the 'burbs ).

Yeah, when I first joined my train, i used to scare them on a regular basis. Terrified shouts of "WHY IS THAT TRAIN RUNNING BACKWARDS? WHO IS WATCHING THAT TRAIN?" were a regular response when i ran in push (going the proper direction on the mainline, of course!)

They also run the NJ prototypes the same way, the engine is almost always facing "west" in Hoboken (NJ Transit terminal in NJ), so that the locomotive is near the end of the train shed.

Charlie B Wrote:Here are a couple of mine
E8's
K4
Charlie

Very nice Pennsy units!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
A pair of Baldwin Centipedes drift downgrade with their passenger consist in tow    
Charlie
Here are a couple of units that ended up being problem children in real life.

Welcome frankv! Great pics of amazing locomotives! Thumbsup
Ralph
Welcome Frank v.
The 6100 would have been a winner had it had a little more time to be developed and fine tuned. I actually met an engineer that ran her a few times. He said most of the guys asked what unit they were getting and if they were told the 6100 they suddenly got sick Goldth
Those are nice looking models.
Charlie B
Ah, VERY NICE, An S1 and a C&O turbine. I think i spy a few Gs back there to!

Speaking of which.....

Well, its not like anyone didn't see this coming! Icon_lol

[Image: morerostershots12141000.jpg]
Charlie,Frankv and GEC---that Pennsy power is awesome Thumbsup Here's a CNR locomotive that was built specifically to haul premier passenger trains.U-4-A #6400. She was one of five steamlined Northerns built by the Montreal Locomotive Works in 1936.This particular locomotive has been preserved and can be found at the National Museum of Technology in Ottawa Ontario

[Image: P1090334.jpg]

[Image: P1090343.jpg]
You guys are killing me with your locos.... That's some gorgeous "iron"... Thumbsup

Unfortunately, the only passenger service to be had on the LC&P is with an old Overton coach bringing up the rear of whatever freight run is going to the interchange at Santa Rosa.... Nope
Gus (LC&P).
That is a beautiful engine, Nutbar.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Here is an Overland Jersey Central Baldwin double ender
[albumimg]4081[/albumimg]
And a Proto 1000 Rock Island DL109
[albumimg]4082[/albumimg]
I love that Jersey Central unit!
Hello Everyone---branchline passenger locomotive E-10-A Mogul #91.She has recently returned to service after a major refit and paint job at Doctor Wayne's and is seen in pristine condition

[Image: P1090630.jpg]
Here's the 91 just out of the shops and being coaled-up for a shakedown run on a freight to Dunnville:
[Image: Octoberphotos022.jpg]

...and a shot taken near Airline Junction as she nears the end of the trip:
[Image: CNRMogul013.jpg]

Wayne