Passenger locomotives
Nutbar,
very impressive photos again. Model railroading og finest!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Thank you Bernhard.Back at Leetown,a couple of steam locomotives are spotted on the outbound lead from the Mary St. roundhouse.It must be a longer than usual passenger train heading to Port Maitland today as both these locomotives will be required because of the extra heavyweight head end cars in the consist.

[Image: P1120037.jpg]

[Image: P1120041.jpg]

[Image: P1120046.jpg]
Mr Nutbar,

Beautiful locos as always. But I have to ask - would that be a typical combination? I would think the Pacific would easily outpace the smaller Mogul without difficulty...

Andrew
Well, the Mogul has 63" drivers, while the 5107's are 69", but that's not an unreasonable disparity with real steam. It's up to the engineers to balance their throttle and valve gear adjustments to suit. On the other hand, if both those models had identical motors and gearboxes, running them together on a DC-powered layout might cause problems. Wink
There are quite a few photos of Moguls and Mikes together, and even with similar-size drivers, there's quite a difference in their haulage ratings: 26% for the 91 and 50% for almost all CNR Mikes. Goldth

Wayne
Hello Everyone---Canadian National U-2-G Northern #6200 heads east through Leetown with a long passenger train top heavy with a colourful selection of express reefers

[Image: P1120061.jpg]
Andrew: if you hang enough load behind the Pacific, it'll never catch the Mogul.
Sometimes the train crew would be offered such a clunker for a helper they'd say "We have to pull the train and push that too?"
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Hello Everyone---no need for a helper engine as E-10-A Mogul #91 leads a solitary combine west out of Leetown on the Langley Sub-division on a daily 7AM departure towards her final destination at Beeton.Her first stop will be at Campbellville where the majority of the passengers will detrain and head off to the Leaver Mushroom plant.After some local switching which usually includes a couple of lifts,the train continues to her next destination where she will repeat the switching duties all along the line.This is a leisurely trip and is often frequented by railfans who are interested in seeing branchline railroading at it's finest.When she finally reaches Beeton,#91 is turned around on the turntable for her trip back to Leetown.The engine crew looks forward to a lunch break which usually includes a couple of "cold pops" at the Beeton Union Hotel.Her return trip is timed accordingly so that she will arrive in Campbellville just in time to pick up the employees from Leaver Mushrooms for their return trip home.

[Image: P1120120.jpg]
Hello---recently delivered from the erecting floor of the General Motors Division of London and the Canadian Locomotive Company in Montreal,a couple of diesels make their debuts in Leetown.SW1200 #1373 will be used extensively on branchline trains while C-liner #6705 will be seen on Canadian National's premier passenger trains.

[Image: P1120167.jpg]

[Image: P1120168.jpg]

[Image: P1120179.jpg]

[Image: P1120184.jpg]
Ed, those are grand looking diesels. Great thread.
Charlie
Thanks Charlie---I'm glad you're enjoying this thread.Canadian National Alco PA #9078 is a very unique locomotive on the CNR roster.During the 50's,this locomotive and an identical sister were part of an Alco demonstrator set that was used on a trial basis on the CNR system.For whatever reasons,the powers that be did not feel these locomotives met their requirements and they were returned to Alco.I've seen pictures of these locomotives,named Big Berthas ,in a classic green and gold livery,they were real beauties.
One of the great things about model railroading is the ability to make changes and to use "modeller's licence" to create those "what if scenarios".As always,I turned to my good friend Doctor Wayne for his advice and creative talents---starting with an undecorated Proto 2000 PA,Wayne created this beauty in the classic Canadian National passenger paint scheme---here she is seen at Leetown.Paired up with C-liner 6705,they are the diesel power for the mainline passenger trains on the Leetown Division.

[Image: P1120188.jpg]

[Image: P1120191.jpg]

[Image: P1120194.jpg]
Hello Everyone---Grand Trunk Western U-1-A #6039 is a regular visitor to Leetown.She usually lays over at the Mary St. roundhouse after completing her overnight trip from Windsor.Here's a couple of shots taken during a recent railfanning trip.

[Image: P1120281.jpg]

[Image: P11202873.jpg]
Interesting how CNR filled out the 6xxx series with passenger diesels (after putting the Mountains and Northerns at the beginning). And with lots of space.
I expect that any PAs that CN bought would have made it to the 69xx series (unless they displaced something by being rostered earlier).
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I'm a little reluctant to post this one after all of the fine models that people have shared so far, but here is my latest passenger power. It's a dummy Rivarossi E8 that was originally painted in Florida Coast Line colors. I got it at my LHS for $10.00. It's even lighted. I had to fill in the second headlight to make it look like a PC unit and then painted it the classic "black dipped" scheme and added appropriate numbers and PC logos. I'll be replacing those horn hook couplers soon. The actual power for the E8 is my PK1 RDC which I place in the train as a passenger car by removing the RDC shell and placing an 80 foot passenger car shell on it. Works pretty well.

[Image: 001-6.jpg]

Ralph
Ralph, If your track didn't look so good I would think It was 40 years earlier. I think it looks swell, and for 10 bucks plus labor, not bad.
Charlie
Thanks Charlie! Knowing that you've seen and photographed PC E8s, I really appreciate your feedback! Worship
Ralph