Hot Dogs
Mike Kieran Wrote:The bottom line is that the Yankees, while having the largest player salary in Major League Baseball, pay the highest salary cap tax. The tax goes to the smaller market teams who end up pocketing the money kicked down to them instead of putting it into the team.

Wow - I never thought that it was like that... I just thought the "tax" went to New York City....
figures that they wouldn't find the energy to invest it back. Sad Sad Shame!!! Sad
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Ralph Wrote:Ah well, just wait til next year! Ralph

Hey!, That -( wait til next year ) - is a Chicago Cubs thing !! ------- and I think we've been doing that for longer than anyone else. :o Sad Sad Wallbang
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:
Ralph Wrote:Ah well, just wait til next year! Ralph

Hey!, That -( wait til next year ) - is a Chicago Cubs thing !! ------- and I think we've been doing that for longer than anyone else. :o Sad Sad Wallbang

Actually a Brooklyn Dodgers thing when they were constantly losing the World Series to the Yankees.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.