My Missabe layout
Been a while, the layout is all cluttered, .............again. Im finding it real hard to get motivated. Last time I was down there, I spent a while looking for a short that I never found. So I cant even run trains! Nope I will get more of those before/after pics like I said.
Kevin if you have a short first thing you want to do is take absolutely everything off all the rails including tools , start with switches and work from there.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Last time I had a short, I took every last piece of anything off the entire layout, and couldnt figure it out. Only to find that a wire taped to the bottom of the bench work came off, and was hitting another wire, back in a corner thats hard to see.

Anyway here are some pics.

Heres tha yard before, and what it looks like now. Im gonna make a new yard tower, that goes around the post to try and hide it. You can see where there is a switch to the future ore dock on the left.
[Image: Copy2ofDSCN0211.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3610.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3612.jpg]
Wiring already seems like an endeavor, storied like these make me worry even more! Hope you can fix the short Kev!

Yard is lookin' good tho buddy!

- Dan
Cool Kevin!! Im really looking forward to seeing that Ore Dock!! Misngth 2285_
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Wiring isnt that bad at all. I know it will just be something simple, that Im too stupid to realize. The wiring was actually one of my favorite parts. But Im going into construction next year, and I enjoy all that. There is still A LOT of ballasting that needs to be done, but I dont enjoy that at all, and it might be a while. :?
Are you running with Dcc or DC?
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
I have MRC express DCC. I like it, but Im still easily confused with the DCC system, after my cheap bachman EZ command system I had. But Ill save that for another thread.
Kevin,

Your layout is looking good. The great thing about this hobby is that it is a hobby. You work on it when you want to, or have time to spare.
I would love to see more pics, if you have any.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
Right now, im kinda stuck. I need to start adding grass, but I havent figured out how to make tall grass.