Image loading problems
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...105#p89190

A number of people are having problems seeing all the images.
Mike is asking whether to "do a do-over thread or resubmit the pictures"

I don't have the "computer savvy " to provide assistance.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I initially couldn't see the photos when I viewed that thread when it was first posted on the 16th, but after clicking on his link, they did show up.
When I clicked on your link to the thread, the photos were immediately visible. Perhaps he's already fixed it?

Wayne
Some of the "quick fixes" in the thread seem to have pinpointed the problem, and provided a work-around.

I do not recommend Mikey's suggestion of taking the pictures and posting them somewhere else, as they are not "ours" to do so.

Like it or not, the proper way to solve this is to put links in to the pictures, and have interested parties follow the links. May be a *PITA* but that's on the site that does not allow linking. (Note however, that it can be expensive to allow it, as they must pay for bandwidth that is not used to deliver visitors the entire experience.)

Andrew
doctorwayne Wrote:I initially couldn't see the photos when I viewed that thread when it was first posted on the 16th, but after clicking on his link, they did show up.
When I clicked on your link to the thread, the photos were immediately visible. Perhaps he's already fixed it?

Wayne

Nope, at least not for me. I just went to the thread, and got a lot of "image". Then I followed the link, and came back to BB - pictures now show up. I sometimes get the "image" when the settings on my computer do not allow me to access the site (more common from work), but it can be on their end too.

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:I initially couldn't see the photos when I viewed that thread when it was first posted on the 16th, but after clicking on his link, they did show up.

Wayne

Nope, at least not for me. I just went to the thread, and got a lot of "image". Then I followed the link, and came back to BB - pictures now show up. I sometimes get the "image" when the settings on my computer do not allow me to access the site (more common from work), but it can be on their end too.

Andrew
Don't know what's going on. I got the same, a lot of "image", that you can't click on, and no pics. After visiting the site, they now appear. Something weird on the other end maybe????? I'll do a little testing as see if I find anything.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hah! I just took another look, and got mainly photos, but interspersed, seemingly at random, with "IMAGE".
If the pictures shouldn't be used here directly, I think he should simply re-do the post with only the link (where all of the photos can be viewed). Perhaps he should include a note referring to the fact that the linked site includes photos. I'm guessing that he'll either need his editing capabilities restored, or we could simply do it for him.

Wayne
Read my post in the thread Smile

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5105&p=89514#p89514">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5105&p=89514#p89514</a><!-- l -->

It's a "Direct link" problem, he just has to move the pics Sad Sad
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:Read my post in the thread Smile

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5105&p=89514#p89514">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5105&p=89514#p89514</a><!-- l -->

Yeah, but he can't do that if he doesn't have permission since those are not his photos. They don't allow direct linking, we can't allow him to place those photos anywhere else, especially in our gallery. The way he has it is the best he's going to do.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:Read my post in the thread Smile

Yeah, but he can't do that if he doesn't have permission since those are not his photos. They don't allow direct linking, we can't allow him to place those photos anywhere else, especially in our gallery. The way he has it is the best he's going to do.

I think perhaps that the direct links to the photos should be re-moved rather than just moved. That would leave only the link to the site where the photos can be viewed.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:I think perhaps that the direct links to the photos should be re-moved rather than just moved. That would leave only the link to the site where the photos can be viewed.

Wayne
Are you saying "I'm over complicating things"???? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

You always were the "Smart one" of the family!!!!! Icon_lol I should have caught that!! Big Grin

You post a reply in the thread! It'll sound better coming from you!!!

~~~ and Thanks!!!!!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I just PM'd Mike with the same suggestion. I can delete the image links and leave the web site link in place, with a simple edit.
Waiting to hear back from Mike.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Sumpter250 Wrote:I just PM'd Mike with the same suggestion. I can delete the image links and leave the web site link in place, with a simple edit.
Waiting to hear back from Mike.

Yeah, that's all I was going to do, too. Attempting anything more complicated would go beyond the bounds of my "technical know-how". Misngth Icon_lol Misngth Icon_lol

Wayne
I deleted the individual photo links, and left a note to go to the direct link to the scrapbook for the pictures. I also added a "see note" in the next couple of posts that mentioned the photo problems.