And now for something different !
We've made lots of overall progress this past week as we work towards our deadline of July ( yeah , this year Goldth ) .....
....the 2 story refreshment stand is complete and installed although the outer skin of the ballpark ,that will aso encompass the stand , has not been attached .

[Image: ebbets032.jpg]

[Image: ebbets033.jpg]

[Image: ebbets034.jpg]

....Joe installed the lights in the stand and the angled boards on the wall ( 2nd pic ) will be where the access ramps are glued in place , soon . We will be installing seats this week !

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Worship Worship Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
We can sense the excitement at work as we get in to "final details " although they are numerous and will take until July ....

[Image: ebbets035.jpg]

You can see that the many stairs are painted an off white and 3 of the 7 light towers in place ...they were painted dark grey after I took the pic

[Image: ebbets037.jpg]

The burgundy trim near the roof really sets things off IMO and we have placed the outer skin ...not glued yet . There will be more burgundy trim to be placed above the first deck .

[Image: ebbets039.jpg]

...more of the outer skin clamped in place

[Image: ebbets041.jpg]

...another shot of the refreshment stand
Very impressive and still growing! What are the tow towers on the roof? Will that be floodlighting?
Reinhard
very great work !!!!!!! Thumbsup Worship

You work with laser cut?
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
The towers will hold 50 lights each . There were 4 identical towers around the 1st and 3rd baseline . The new grandstands and 3 light towers in left , center and right field were of a newer architecture and we are following that change .

The basics are cut out of an Epilog laser machine and then everything is cut , by hand , to fit before gluing . Most of the materials are either hardboard and/or thin plywood that comes from Finland . Mark designed all the parts using Corel Draw . Since there were no blueprints available , photos were searched on Google , printed out and used to design the park very close to the original building .

Terry
More pics :

I apologize for this terrible shot of inside the entrance rotunda . There are 3 floors with the ticket booths on the bottom floor and eating areas on the second and third . The third floor will have a skylight in the ceiling .

The third floor has red and white checked "carpeting" which is a piece of plywood painted red , chucked in the laser , and programmed to burn the off white squares ( actually light tan ) into the wood leaving a red and white checked appearance .

The booth you see has miniature baseball pictures all around the canopy . These were done by Googling for Dodger pics and shrinking them and then gluing in place . The raised white check on the red background was tricky as it was cut on the laser and then carefully glued around the base of the counter / booth . VERY fragile .

[Image: ebbets042.jpg]

I did the two lower booths , on the second floor , in the period triangle theme in red and white .....they need more work to finish ....red and white candy cane "barber poles" for support etc .
The roof is done in toilet paper strips and flat black paint that didn't come out too flat .

[Image: ebbets046.jpg]

You can see three of the guys putting in seats .....speaking of ...

[Image: ebbets044.jpg]

...you can see the seats and the partly finished railings that are soldered together but need primer and finished coat .Exit signs and seating rows-numbers are painted on . The seats take a Looong time to install .....16 short rows took me 2 hours . Nope

[Image: ebbets043.jpg]

...more work at the refreshment stand with red chain link fencing surrounding it .
and the chimney was made to look like concrete block with " Ebbets Field " etched into it ....all done on laser .

We are following available pictures very closely and using the 1955 theme ...there were many changes throughout the years .
This just gets more amazing everytime you update! One question (that maybe you answered earlier in the thread?) but how will you move it? I assume it's sectional?
It's a good question , Ralph , and one we get asked all the time .

If you look at the third pic from the bottom with the three workers , I'll explain .

Mark Williams designed the model in three pieces but it took a lot of work to disguise them .

The three workers , Mark Roach at top , Bob Henderson on the right and Joe Lemay on the bottom left ....I'm in the loft taking the pics ....., are near the gaps . To Marks right is a goose neck lamp and the gap is just to the right of it . The second gap is right in front of Bob working in the chair . I layed the roof over the top gaps since it will be an easy cut later on . The supporting frame is also in three segments and is simply held together with screwed in 1x4's . The three segments will fit into the back of a 16 foot enclosed box on an F450 Ford truck .

T
It just keeps getting better and better!
Worship Worship Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks T. The joints for the segments are well disguised! I figured the model must be sectional but I wasn't seeing obvious seams. Nicely done!
I'll have to get some better pics ....Mark has a ton of them from his little cell phone camera ....I couldn't take a quality shot if my life depended on it .

T
Suddenly I feel like a eating hot dog and some peanuts...

Will all the seats be filled with LPB's, or will this represent the stadium when the team is out-of-town?
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Kevin , the LP's weren't in the original agreement although that may change . We have suggested that the customer fly out to see us BEFORE delivery so as to avoid any misunderstandings . Although we send him pics and talk on a regular basis , it's best that he see the model in person . He wants the ballprk so badly that I don't think he could tolerate a delay for installing LP's .

T