Videos
Before Tetters posts the 18 minute video of the HO Tour Car......<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4100&start=270">viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4100&start=270</a><!-- l -->
Is 18 minutes of video a good idea for this board ?
Isn't that a bit more bandwidth / storage space than we can provide ?
Linked is OK, but I hope he isn't planning on saving it "here".
Yeah, I really do not know that much about all these things, that's why I'm asking.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Just for the record here's the way we have attachments set up:

Flash, Quicktime, Windows media, Plain Text and Real Media files are not allowed. Mpg, mpeg and xtc are allowed to be downloaded but not uploaded. This covers just about all media files.

gif, jpeg, jpg, png, tga, tif and tiff are image files and are allowed to be uploaded. This covers most, but not all image files.

It appears that if he wants to post any video, he'll have to link them to somewhere else like Youtube.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Yeah - linking from youtube is the best way to post videos anywhere.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Yes,A link to you tube would be much better.

18 minutes is a lot of time.

I can recollect watching a 18 minute video twice and both was on catfishing.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Well, if he posts it I'll probably just watch a couple of minutes to get the idea.
That's what I love about this place. Ask a question, get a good answer. Big Grin Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Now that tetters has posted the video I was wondering if anyone else had trouble with the video stalling periodically like I did. It was a nice film though.
Ralph Wrote:Now that tetters has posted the video I was wondering if anyone else had trouble with the video stalling periodically like I did. It was a nice film though.
I ran about a third of it and didn't get any stalls. I'm thinking that would be a function of your computer, bandwidth and ISP. I used to get that all the time on my laptop until I realized it only had 512 meg of memory. I upgraded to 2 gig about a week ago and boy, what a difference.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hmmmm, I don't think I can " manipulate the beads " on this abacus, to get much out of that video, though it might be worth a try. :o 357 357
Sumpter250 Wrote:Hmmmm, I don't think I can " manipulate the beads " on this abacus, to get much out of that video, though it might be worth a try. :o 357 357
If you're on dial-up, I think the abacus gods are against you to start with. :| :| The complete video is close to 20 min. and it would probably take you about two hours to view it. Suffice to say, it does include the anniversary car on a very impressive layout. Smile
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and