Poll: Are you interested in decals for biL's Lehigh Susquehanna & Western railroad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 HO scale set in white
25.00%
5 25.00%
2 HO scale sets in white
35.00%
7 35.00%
3 HO scale sets in white
15.00%
3 15.00%
4 HO scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
5 HO scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 HO scale set in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
2 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
4 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in white
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in black
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
3 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Remembering biL Marsland...
I have no problem mailing cash for something less than 10-20 bucks, as if it somehow gets lost or stolen the loss isn't that big of a deal. I didn't realize that Paypal took such a big cut just for an international transaction!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Well, thanks to Reinhard's continued initiative, PayPal may yet be a choice. He sent me $5.00, of which $4.50 got through to the account. This is a much more manageable fee, and the amount is closer to the cost of a mailed-out set, so anyone wishing to use the PayPal option may do so. Once the decals have been ordered, I'll have an exact cost-per-set and will notify each buyer of their total cost (decals, postage, and PayPal fee). When your decals arrive, then you send the payment - not before.

Wayne
The PayPal rate is not 33% - it just calculates that way on $1. For amounts up to $3000, it's 2.9% +$0.30. So for $1 that does indeed work out to $0.33 or 33%, but $9 (for example - 3 sheets) is ~$0.56 or ~6%.

Perhaps those that want to use PayPal (and if you are willing Wayne) pay $4.50 for one sheet, or $4 each for two or more, shipping and PP fees in? If you end up with an embarrassing surfeit of cash, you can always click the donation button at the bottom of the page... Wink

My $0.02.

Andrew
Sumpter250 Wrote:I have the Brigantine W.W.Marsland on the modules so Bil goes to the shows with me. Three sets of white in HO would be fine for me. I certainly have enough rolling stock that can be re-lettered, and here again would "go on tour" at every show I take the modules to.

Wayne, Let me know what the total cost ( $ U.S. ) will be, and PM your mailing address, I'll send cash, I hate "middlemen" stealing "their percentage". Paypal, is NO Pal !!!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks for the clarification on those fees, Andrew. Thumbsup

The cost of the decals will vary depending on how many sets are ordered - that's why I'm looking for confirmation on who wants what.
According to the poll, 36 sets in white are needed and another 6 in black. The order will have to have 10 sets done in black (increments of 5), leaving 4 white sets not yet accounted for - that's something which I could easily cover.
If not enough confirmations are received, the order might have to be reduced: I don't mind covering the initial cost and ending-up with a few sets left over, but I don't need an extra 20 sets, nor the added cost.

Wayne
Hi Wayne, I'll confirm my order of three HO in white. The decal sheet looks great!
Ralph
Thanks to all who have already confirmed their interest. I'll wait until Monday to submit the artwork for production. Currently, there are 32 sets needed and confirmed in white and only 4 in black. If anyone else is interested in black lettering, let me know before Monday. As it stands, I'll order only 5 sets in black, leaving only one for late-comers. The other 45 sheets will be in white, with 13 left over for anyone needing them. These sets, as noted, require the modeller to provide dimensional data appropriate to their chosen era. The sets will letter HO or N scale equipment and will do up to three cars.

Wayne
This is great Wayne. Thanks. Say, does anyone recall any photos of rolling stock bil made? I was wondering about colors. I plan on putting my decals on black hoppers but wondered about other cars.
Ralph
Confirm 2 sheets of white letters. Thanks Wayne!

Andrew
I confirm: "Two sets H0 of each would be fine" = 2 * H0 Black + 2 * H0 White
Reinhard
Ralph Wrote:....Say, does anyone recall any photos of rolling stock bil made? I was wondering about colors. I plan on putting my decals on black hoppers but wondered about other cars.
Ralph

Ralph, the only rolling stock I saw belonging to biL was his bobber cabooses.
I had biL's numbering system in an e-mail and accidentally deleted it, so everyone is on their own as far as paint schemes and car numbering is concerned.
I'm planning to do gondolas, flatcars, hoppers, and covered hoppers in black, wood reefers in orange with boxcar red ends and roofs, steel reefers in yellow, with boxcar red ends and roofs, and boxcars, both wood (single and double sheathed) and steel in boxcar red with black ends and roofs. This is, of course, for my '30s era layout, and modellers of more modern eras may want their covered hoppers in grey, along with other simplifications. As I said, though, I'm just going with what I think will look suitable for my era and tastes and that is not, to the best of my recollections, based on anything biL may have said. Black open cars were common in my era, and the use of it on covered hoppers at that time was also quite common (Erie, Nickel Plate, TH&B, CPR, etc.) as were black ends and roofs on house cars.
I'm using six-digit numbers - I can't recall if he used six or eight, but six seems to sort of ring a bell, plus the available digits will go farther. Wink Misngth And, no, I won't be doing all of the cars mentioned, at least for myself, but do plan on hoppers (2-bay offset side), gondolas, and doublesheathed boxcars (all from Accurail), and covered hoppers (Flux service) from Bowser.

Wayne
If it not too late, I'll confirm for three sets. Thanks.
tetters Wrote:If it not too late, I'll confirm for three sets. Thanks.

It's not too late. Wink Thanks. Goldth

Wayne
Here's the revised draught of the decal sheet, with several Bil/biL scribblings added. They scale-out at about 8" in HO.

[Image: lehigh_outline_artjpeg-FINALDRAFT.jpg]

Wayne
Hi, I guess it has been a month or two since I've dropped by, hope everyone is doing well! I would love to get a set of white decals if they are still available.