Poll: Are you interested in decals for biL's Lehigh Susquehanna & Western railroad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 HO scale set in white
25.00%
5 25.00%
2 HO scale sets in white
35.00%
7 35.00%
3 HO scale sets in white
15.00%
3 15.00%
4 HO scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
5 HO scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 HO scale set in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
2 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
4 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in white
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in black
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
3 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Remembering biL Marsland...
I lettered six cars so I used both the large and medium sized heralds. Perhaps the ones with the larger heralds are a little older. Smile

I need to get some freight car data decals, but otherwise these cars are finished.

[Image: 007-5.jpg]

[Image: 005-8.jpg]

I accidentally flawed the "Em" on the "Return when empty" decal on this one. Wouldn't you know it was the last one!!!! Oh well, maybe some weathering will cover it.
[Image: 006-4.jpg]
Wayne,

Thank you

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
While I was railfanning down by "AT yard" I was lucky enough to catch the CNJ transfer come in from the other side of the river. I was very happy to see that the first car in the cut was LS&W #899.    

I was pleased with the way the decals have come out a big thank you to Doctorwayne for seeing this project through. I used an Accurail rib-side hopper. the only change I made to it was to paint the inside of it a rattle can red primmer. That does a good job simulating what constant anthracite hauling does to the inside of these cars.

Once you weather it the effect is very convincing.

This "B" end shot I grabbed as #899 sits on the rip track, their seams to be some kind trouble with one of the hopper doors.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
E-Paw & Ralph, I'm sure BiL would be delighted to see his road expanding in such proportions!

These red oxyde and black rattle can primer are probably my main source of paint for my freight cars. You can'T go wrong when you use cheap basic colors like real roads did.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
I like the jobs which both of you did on those hoppers. Thumbsup Thumbsup The larger reporting marks look better done that way, Ralph, and I like the looks of that herald on your ribbed-side car, Steve. I'll be using the small heralds on both gondolas and covered hoppers, and it's nice to know ahead of time that they still look good when split to account for the rib placement. Wink Thumbsup

Wayne
Here's a few photos of my LS&W hoppers. They are not finished, still have to do end decals. I have enough decals left to do 2 boxcars. The hoppers are all Accurail cars, the triples are undec with data, one red oxide, the other brown oxide. the twins were undec red with data, but I decided I didn't like the red so I painted them with oxide primer.

[Image: DSC_0035.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0034.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0033.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0032.jpg]

And, as a tribute to the man who brought this to fruition, here is a pic of an EG&E hopper, along with an LS&W hopper, and one of my B&P locos. Sorry, not much of a layout to show them on. this winter that should change.

[Image: DSC_0036.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0037.jpg]

Thanks again Doc.

Dave
-Dave
And thank you, Dave. Thumbsup

It's very gratifying to see all of the LS&W cars being shown, and I'm beginning to become embarrassed that my hoppers still aren't finished. :oops: Every time the humidity relents enough to allow further painting, another unrelated job pops up.

I hope to pick up the rest of my future LS&W cars next week on a jaunt chasing trains in Pennsylvania, and can hopefully get all of them painted, decaled, and weathered together.

Wayne

LS&W #778 has just filled up with sand. LS7W is a brand new interchange partner with the JGL

About to take on some coal

The other side. That small bit on the lower rear corner of the tender is graffiti. biL I wanted to find a way to personalize it!
A couple more views. Yet another view will get posted in my sand stone and gravel dealer thread, which will get a long overdue update.

The above one shows a bit of the sand dealership buildings.

That LS&W herald looks good on the tender, Gary. Thumbsup Thumbsup I first noticed it on the sand and gravel thread. Wink

Wayne
Good looking mike you got there Gary,,, Cheers
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
What a wonderful tribute to our friend Bill: great examples everyone. Thanks to my good friend Doctor Wayne, here's another couple of LS&W cars which will be regulars on the Leetown Division

[Image: LSWcars023.jpg]

[Image: LSWcars004-1.jpg]
I finally got my own LS&W hoppers finished (almost) too, and it looks like Hoffentoth Bros. are taking advantages of summer prices on Anthracite to stock-up. Here's a cut of cars at Lowbanks, almost ready to head east:

[Image: LSWcars014.jpg]

Before leaving, one of the train's locos grabs a hopper to be spotted at Hoffentoth's Lowbanks yard:

[Image: LSWcars021.jpg]

The weathering on these cars is a little more evident in person than is apparent in the photos:

[Image: LSWcars020.jpg]

The hoppers are kits from Accurail, and totally "stock" except for the lettering and couplers.

Wayne
@CN Nutbar, the reefer look awesome!

@Nice cut of cars... I'ts always hard to appreciate a weathering job on pictures...

Looks like Accurail was the prime manufacturer! ahhaha!

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
sailormatlac Wrote:....Looks like Accurail was the prime manufacturer! ahhaha!

Yeah, and hopefully by next week I'll have some more Accurail (and Bowser) cars in the LS&W shops. Wink Goldth

Wayne