Gone Fishing.
As a funny update after the third time fishing every muscle from my derriere to shoulders is stiff and sore from sitting on the ground while fishing-can't use a chair the bank is on a slope.

The sad part is a lousey 3 pound carp almost wore me out in our short battle royal! :oops:

I guess the old man is plum out of shape after all. :cry:
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Larry. Some days are better than others. Life isn't always 100% perfect, but that's what makes it so good. The hope that the day will be good so that we don't take it for granted. Just enjoy what you have. At least you could fight that 3 pound carp.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Brakie Wrote:As a funny update after the third time fishing every muscle from my derriere to shoulders is stiff and sore from sitting on the ground while fishing-can't use a chair the bank is on a slope.
The sad part is a lousey 3 pound carp almost wore me out in our short battle royal! :oops: :cry:

It could have been worse. I remember at about ten years of age . . . I helped my Dad make some repairs to a "Sport Fishing Boat". His payment for the engine work, was a day on the Ocean, off Montauk Point, fishing. I was invited along, and managed to hook a fairly large Blue Marlin.
After several hours fight ( I refused to give up ) the line went almost slack, and I reeled in my catch. The head of a fairly large Blue Marlin. . . the rest of it had been bitten off by, according to the boat owner, a "rather large shark".
I have never gone "sport fishing" again, and I can still remember all too clearly, how many days I ached, after the several hours of trying to land a fish, that outweighed me by a hundred, or more, pounds.
All things considered though, I still miss the salt water.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Mike Kieran Wrote:Larry. Some days are better than others. Life isn't always 100% perfect, but that's what makes it so good. The hope that the day will be good so that we don't take it for granted. Just enjoy what you have. At least you could fight that 3 pound carp.

Indeed..At least this year I 'm fishing again even though currently I smell like a Ben-Gay factory. Icon_lol
---------------------------------------
Sumpter,If I was salt water fishing and a "rather large shark" ate my catch I doubt if I would ever return to salt water fishing!
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Hello Larry---goes to show that if you believe in yourself and keep trying,anything is possible---well done Thumbsup
Brakie Wrote:
Mike Kieran Wrote:Larry. Some days are better than others. Life isn't always 100% perfect, but that's what makes it so good. The hope that the day will be good so that we don't take it for granted. Just enjoy what you have. At least you could fight that 3 pound carp.

Indeed..At least this year I 'm fishing again even though currently I smell like a Ben-Gay factory. Icon_lol
---------------------------------------
Sumpter,If I was salt water fishing and a "rather large shark" ate my catch I doubt if I would ever return to salt water fishing!

Larry, Don't forget to get the Ben Gay off your hands before you fish. It scares away the fish. Just ask Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor. 35
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Great! I'm still shakey on admitting to being a Buckeye in South Texas. Your story is truly inspirational, and good for you sticking with it.