Wheelin' n Dealin' 55n3 Ten-Wheelin'
I have locked this thread in "narrow gauge------"
We have Hminky, and Tin Goat, getting the "scale/gauge/ mine is better than yours/yours is wrong" spark of hard feelings, landing in a tinder patch during drought conditions.
I just see this "getting uglier". We haven't had those two butting heads here for a while, and it has been peaceful.
Mikey, Don, if you see reason to unlock the thread, that's fine. I just thought it better to catch it now, before it became a full war.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Yeah 0 good that you locked it - it was getting a bit testy... Sad Sad I'm glad you locked it after the explanation about the "Didn't invent it" comment too........
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Yup, I agree with you both. Too many people "apologizing" in a rather backhanded way.... "gee, I didn't mean to offend you, but here, let me offend you in a different way......" 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
" Testy" - - - - -
Hminky, or TinGoat, on their own are OK ( enough), but get the two together on the same thread? ------ "testy" Icon_twisted Smile
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Sumpter250 Wrote:" Testy" - - - - -
Hminky, or TinGoat, on their own are OK ( enough), but get the two together on the same thread? ------ "testy" Icon_twisted Smile
And as innocent as he thought he was being, the managed to draw Tyson into it.

There's a line from "Young Frankenstein" where the chief says something like, "There's nothing more ugly than a riot..... what are we waiting for??????????????" 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Sorry, but unless those two have a history of acrimony towards one another, I can't see any reason to lock it. It looks like things pretty-well sorted themselves out, anyways. :|

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Sorry, but unless those two have a history of acrimony towards one another, I can't see any reason to lock it. It looks like things pretty-well sorted themselves out, anyways. :|

Wayne

I agree..I also think the lock was not needed..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:Sorry, but unless those two have a history of acrimony towards one another, I can't see any reason to lock it. It looks like things pretty-well sorted themselves out, anyways. :|

Wayne

I agree..I also think the lock was not needed..
You guys could have a point. Pete made the decision and that's the way it is. I think some of the replies in that thread were snarky at best, and could have been overlooked, but then, there's better ways to respond then some there did; it could have gone downhill the way it was going. If Pete wants to take the lock off and just say something, that's his choice. Mikey and I have always said that we'd stand by any of you and your decisions and we mean that.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I agree with Pete.Hminky has been a pain in the ass on to many forums.I will be honest here though I just don't like the guy.Iron Goat is no sweetheart either.

Both of these guys have gotton in trouble on the On30 Conspiracy and if your familiar with that forum you know it is practically impossible to do that.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt, The On30 Conspiracy - - - I haven't been there in an age!, but now that you mention it, that may well be where I acquired my unease about those two "going at it". I haven't had a PM from either one of them about the lock, I'll have to see if there's any "public" comment. The thread, in my opinion wasn't going anywhere "positive".......I'll leave it locked where it is.
ezdays Wrote:You guys could have a point. Pete made the decision and that's the way it is. I think some of the replies in that thread were snarky at best, and could have been overlooked, but then, there's better ways to respond then some there did; it could have gone downhill the way it was going. If Pete wants to take the lock off and just say something, that's his choice. Mikey and I have always said that we'd stand by any of you and your decisions and we mean that.

Don,My biggest fear is we will start overreacting like the mods do on another forum that I moderate on every time a member says something beyond a "atta boy" reply.

I not suggesting we allow mayhem or even Hulkamainia to run wild but,to use common sense moderating..

Sorry,I see no reason for a lock when a simple ease up warning would had suffice.

BTW..Mike is one of the mods on that other forum and he loves to overreact over nothing,makes Mt.Everest out of a ant hill or wants to lock a membership..
Figure that one out..I gave up trying.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

One thing Mikey and I rely on is all of your knowledge of what's going on elsewhere and the people involved. I can't speak for Mikey, but for me, I just don't get around to other forums, good ones or bad ones. I've got other distractions right now and so as a result I just don't know personalities except for when they're here. And even then, I can't keep up with everyone or every post.

I did think that things were getting a bit snarky and rude in that thread, but I never would have seen it under normal circumstances. Like Larry says, maybe just a warning shot over the bow would suffice. Knowing the background of the posters though could make a big difference on how to react. You have to admit, we don't lock too many threads and I don't think we've ever banned anyone for cause, so I don't think we need to get overly excited when we do lock a thread, we are not setting a pattern here. It's always the mod's call, and our members normally make that easy. I'm just glad that you are able to monitor all the posts that you do.

You guys all bring a lot to the table, and that's why we're as strong and as respected as we are.We can't always agree on everything, but it's rare when we have the need to discuss things like this.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I agree with what Don said.... If you guys all remember, Don & I were sweating bullets hoping that every one of you would stay on at Big Blue after we made our mass exodus from Zealot! Smile

It wasn't just that we would have missed your pretty faces Icon_lol

We needed you ALL to help us here!!!!!!!!!!!

I never visit any other forums, work keeps me busy and the other things I have going on here - mostly with sick friends, keep me busy and tired... I most definitely depend on your knowledge of "who" is doing "what" or has done "what" on any other forums Smile I don't wander around unless someone posts a link to another forum or steers us in that direction, I just don't have the time..... Sad Sad Sad

By the way, That's another reason I appreciate all Don does here, While I'm "away" for 9 or 10 hours a day, He can roam freely here (Don't let him know that though) Big Grin Big Grin

The past 2 months on Saturdays I've been working on an addition to a friend's house - a Family room Smile and the next 4 or 5 Saturdays I'll be at the local Renaissance Faire.. So really I'm only here after 6 on weeknights and on Sundays 'till October Smile This is my recharge period. Smile

So you see? We do need you guys to make decisions around here and we stand behind all of you! Smile It's Peter's decision on what he does, but in my opinion, it's not a good idea to unlock it now, without a short explanation such as: We were discussing the way the thread was headed and decided to unlock it.

My personal feeling is that we leave it locked - only because it was turning into a "he said/she said" thing, which never goes well without someone's feelings being hurt.

Thanks again for all of your input.. I've read every one of the posts here Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Don: I think you and Mikey know I've always believed in common sense moderating.

It is good we don't always agree since that keeps us aware of each other thoughts and of course we are all friends here so,no worries.
---------------------------------------
Mikey:It wasn't just that we would have missed your pretty faces .
--------------------------------------
Pretty might be in the eye of the beholder? Icon_lol
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Quote: Catt, The On30 Conspiracy - - - I haven't been there in an age!, but now that you mention it, that may well be where I acquired my unease about those two "going at it".

Pete, it has been a while for me too.Last time I did go there it wasn't much different than the first time. I think their slogan is "We agree to disagree,ABOUT EVERRYTHING."
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"