Trainfest
If you notice my absence from this board over the weekend ( starting today ) it's because I'll be at Trainfest. I'll either be at the GCLaser booth, or at the Lake County Society of Modular Engineers layout.
Both of these will be in the SE quarter of the building, on the boundary between the vendor area, and the display area. Close enough that running between the two will be easy. Either way I'll have my "Big Blue name tag" on.
Hope to see a few Gauge members there this weekend.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Some vendor photos from Trainfest 2012 in Milwaukee:

[Image: 8175543826_37094eecb1_n.jpg]
MRHA by railohio, on Flickr

[Image: 8175543134_14faa436ae_n.jpg]
Bachmann by railohio, on Flickr

[Image: 8175542022_f28678cfe1.jpg]
GCLaser 2 by railohio, on Flickr

[Image: 8175540290_9a845dc6a7.jpg]
FoxValleyModels by railohio, on Flickr

[Image: 8175506819_99e189dd1d.jpg]
Stoddarts by railohio, on Flickr

[Image: 8175539076_81be0ec828.jpg]
NJ-International by railohio, on Flickr

More photos from Trainfest 2012 are on flickr. I will be adding layout photos soon.
And here's what I came home with this weekend:

[Image: 8175856077_02c82588d6.jpg]
Trainfest2012 by railohio, on Flickr
Pete, I was looking for you and missed you.Brian and I were all over the show Saturday.Iwould have liked to have caught up with you.Oh well maybe someday. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Brian, I was looking for the "orange hat" and never saw it. Great shot of our "Cattle Auction Facility" in N scale !
Knowing that Johnathan was with you doubles the regret.
I don't have any photos of, "And here's what I came home with this weekend:"
But this is what I brought - - -

Catt, Sad :oops: yeah, maybe someday - - - Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Me on the left and Brian on the right Eek

[Image: trainfst.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Some layout photos:

[Image: 8187332644_19e308c32d.jpg]
Downtown3 by railohio, on Flickr

[Image: 8181125648_4c5f863cb0.jpg]
KatoUnitram by railohio, on Flickr

[Image: 8187332852_227abc44b8.jpg]
RuralBridges by railohio, on Flickr

[Image: 8189629184_691f1e3861.jpg]
GreatRiver by railohio, on Flickr

[Image: 8186290161_34157c22e9.jpg]
Downtown4 by railohio, on Flickr
Great Pics!! Thanks for posting!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thanks for all the photos, you guys all make us sorry we couldn't be there. Some day they'll do Trainfest in Phoenix... A few years ago we had a train show (I can't remember which one) in Phoenix and another one in Scottsdale a year later. Well, they had both in the summer and they probably thought that Arizona isn't a good place to hold a show because of attendance. Duh, it was probably over 110 at the time and most people here stay home as much as they can or head up north where it's cooler. I wish they'd wake up and hold shows here in the winter when all the snowbirds are here from places like....uh, Wisconsin.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:Some day they'll do Trainfest in Phoenix...

Trainfest is held annually in Milwaukee and it's been going for more than 40 years.
ezdays Wrote:Some day they'll do Trainfest in Phoenix... A few years ago we had a train show in Phoenix and another one in Scottsdale a year later. Well, they had both in the summer and they probably thought that Arizona isn't a good place to hold a show because of attendance. Duh, it was probably over 110 at the time and most people here stay home as much as they can or head up north where it's cooler. I wish they'd wake up and hold shows here in the winter when all the snowbirds are here from places like....uh, Wisconsin.

First time I drove to Phoenix- - 112 in the valley- - that night, up "on the Rim" it was below freezing !!!!!
My bones must have still been brittle from the chill, as that was the day I broke my ankle, and spent the rest of the weekend hobbling around with a stick !, before getting an "air cast " at the Hospital in Chandler ( not a plaster cast, as I had to drive back to Illinois - - - that was a "fun" trip Icon_twisted 357 )
Sumpter250 Wrote:First time I drove to Phoenix- - 112 in the valley- - that night, up "on the Rim" it was below freezing !!!!!
My bones must have still been brittle from the chill, as that was the day I broke my ankle, and spent the rest of the weekend hobbling around with a stick !, before getting an "air cast " at the Hospital in Chandler ( not a plaster cast, as I had to drive back to Illinois - - - that was a "fun" trip Icon_twisted 357 )

Look Familiar? Eek Eek

railohio Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Some day they'll do Trainfest in Phoenix...

Trainfest is held annually in Milwaukee and it's been going for more than 40 years.
Yeah, I'm coming to realize that, still it wouldn't be a bad place to come to, it never snows this time of year... or any other time. 357 I remember the show in Scottsdale was held at Westworld and was The Worlds Greatest Hobby. I went to that one with Woodone and it was a real disappointment only having less than half the tables that they advertised and no big name manufacturers or dealer. The other one was held in the Phoenix Convention Center in downtown Phoenix. Not a handy place to go unless you're from out of town and staying in a downtown hotel. I can't remember which show it was but it was one of the older ones that traveled around. Anyway, as Pete says, summers here can be brutal and it's not smart to hold any convention or show here until at least October. That's usually when the snowbirds flock here from the mid-west and Canada.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD