Old Structures
Great pictures Wayne, thanks for sharing.
Charlie
Wonderful brick buildings with intricate design Wayne! It reminds me of Dominion Textile plant at Montmorency Falls... It was supposed to be converted into luxurious condos in 1993-1994, but floor oil contamination prevented it. Finally, it was gutted twice by fire the same year.

I agree with you about the abandonned PL&E station. That kind of structure in derelict state would make a great addition to a modern layout.

@CN nutbar: I remember that when I was taking picture on film years ago, I was always trying to shot buildings I thought wouldn't survive, thinking I would go back to shot the other ones later. More than once, they burnt down, were drastically changed or disappeared. Later on, I took my camera and shot every single building older than 1920 in my area. I never regretted doing this even if it was costly at that time.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
This wonderful station was to be saved.    
unfortunately a Conrail train derailed and took it out about 15 years ago. I took this in May of 1979.
Charlie
Hello Everyone---here's a few more older buildings in Hamilton Ontario.First is the old power house located on Victoria Ave.

[Image: P1080596.jpg]

Also on Victoria Ave. is the old Otis Fensom building.During WW2,they made Bofor anti-aircraft guns at this plant

[Image: P1080597.jpg]

Here's the old Studebaker plant---you can still see the faded name on the siding

[Image: P1080598.jpg]
Speaking of Steudebaker, This building housed the dealer in East Liverpool for a while.        
Charlie
The Dansberry depot in East Stroudsburg pa. Now restored and in a new location.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
I have been driving by this little Jewell and finally remembered the camera. It is located in Rogers, Ohio a little village on State Rte 7. I don't know the history, but it was definitely a store at one time on the north side.    
Charlie
Wonderful photos.
I am always appalled by the lack of interest in old buildings,especially industrial buildings,by the general public.
This is IMHO an outstanding topic.
This thread is a good lesson for me to take photos of interesting structures that I find appealing. For years I admired the look of a wooden building along the local tracks that had a nice painted sign on one wall...and then one day it was demolished.
Charlie B Wrote:Well, I made a wasted trip to buy some paint today, but I remembered my camera so all wasn't a total loss. I have been traveling by this one since 1952. It was in better shape then. I stopped to get these pictures. I love the old curled wood and rusted steel. It even had an overhead belt drive so maybe it was a saw mill at one time.
Charlie

I recently found out this was a cider press.    
Beaver Pa. Old P&LE freight station
Sometime things do get better. Compare these from 1978        
To these taken several days ago        

Charlie
Western style stuff in Austin, NV

Carleton Place Ontario. 1981    
Charlie
Amarillo, TX

Old hotel, Homewood Jct, Pa    
Charlie