comming soon the Ruby Belle tow boat scratch build
Hi all.

Here is a general idea of what the main deck house will look like still have to add the two windows to each side of door. Also the roof will be a seperate print from the deck house but I put it in this pic for a general idea of what it will look like.

Progress report, 2 steps closer to printing out the deck house of the Ruby Belle the part has beeen drawn and G code genarated for the MakerBot Replicator 2, just need plastic(on its way) and the roof is a sperate file and needs a little tweek before exporting to G code.
Update :

Plastic will be delivered tomorrow by UPS 2285_ Still need to tweeke the roof file before printing it.
Well I have that spool of PLA gray colored filiment, have to fine tune my printer again, on the plus side I have a good error free(I hope) G-code file for both the box car and the Ruby Belle project will try early in the morning to print them out.
Will try to print out the Ruby Belle parts sometime this week. Deck house and roof for the deck house, this will move things along quite a few steps.
Update file for Ruby Belle 3D printed parts still have a few bugs to be worked out. Work, holidays, and home maintenance issues have kept me from "working" on my projects temporally.

Hope to have 3RD Planit railroad CAD software soon after the holidays and maybe some progress on the Ruby Belle and the S scale printed box cars. As for the On30 kitbashing I have to get in the mood to work on those maybe by spring I will have enough motivation to complete that project--I think the winter Blahs have set in as eat sleep and go to work seems to be the priorities at the moment.
Will start back up on this as soon as I complete older/dustier projects Icon_lol
After I get some major progress on the On30 stuff I will turn my attention to the Ruby Belle.
I had a couple things going on that has been resolved in the 3D printing and drawing process do not be surprised if you see some small progress on the Rubybelle tow boat soon. I am to the point where I can set the ole makerbot replicator 2 to print while I do something else at the same time. Hope to have a progress report soon.
A pic or two with more to follow this evening.

Ok major progress this evening on the Ruby belle 2285_

Deck house 3D printed up...............about time Icon_lol

The Deck house is looking good !!! Thumbsup Thumbsup
Hope the "learning curve for design and print" goes well. Wink Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Once you know how to do something the right way it seems so easy 35 Icon_lol

Next step is to design the pilot house, railings and ladders/stairs to the pilot house.

I have been looking for suitable tires for the bumpers along the haul and the solution was found in OGR(O gauge railroading)latest issue, cut up a washing machine type drain hose or similar type hose.

I still hope to be able to include sound, lights and smoke into this model.
Wow, looks great! Other than a washing machine hose, you can check out the various sizes of auto heater and vacuum hoses at the auto parts store. they run like 50 cents per foot (or cheaper). Other option I have seen are 0-rings and gaskets you can pick up at your local hardware store.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
nachoman Wrote:Wow, looks great! Other than a washing machine hose, you can check out the various sizes of auto heater and vacuum hoses at the auto parts store. they run like 50 cents per foot (or cheaper). Other option I have seen are 0-rings and gaskets you can pick up at your local hardware store.

If there is anything in abundance in my area it is auto part stores(Napa, Auto zone, Advanced auto and Riley's all next to each other, oddly enough we just as many used car lots in the same area) Confusedhock:

Will check in to them, after I raid the garage, may be a bit of hose laying around.