E-paw's Orphan challenge part 1.
Looks good from here!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Have you just destroyed the collectors' value of the unit? Icon_lol
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Well if they had any collectors value, The BAR did everything they possibly could to destroy it. I'll have to look up the Kelly blue book value of EMD F-3's latter.

Now, On with the show! In order to find the correct polarity of the pump I need to hook it up and run it. What we do is open up the rear access hatch on the engineers side of the prime mover, this is also the location of the starting contacts for the locomotive. Into the hatch go's the suction hose of the pump, we just make sure that the hose is fully submerged into the oil pan.    

The discharge end gets hooked up to a special fitting that sends the oil back into the lubrication system up to the top end of the motor.     we then plug it in, open up one of the valve covers and check for flowing oil. but if it running in the wrong direction nothing happens. Thus is the reason that I have installed the twist locks.. They can only get plugged in one way. Once I figured out the proper rotation of the pump I noted it and went on to install the new cord and plug. From there I needed to fabricate a box cover for the pump.

With our F-3b as a back drop I bent and drilled a scrap of sheet metal to fit the mounting holes and power switch.    
Once It was installed I labeled the "on" and "Off" position of the switch.     You can also see the new cord connector in this pic.. I forgot to take a pic of the male end of the twist lock, so I'll post that next week.. Otherwise this challenge is all finished.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Way Cool!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup All the behind the scenes things that help a locomotive run that the average person never sees.. Really neat!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Here we go I got the final pic to close out this challenge. It's the 3 pole twist lock that was installed on the pre-lube pump cord. I labeled it as for DC Power only. The cord is long enough to reach the receptacles on either A unit when they are coupled end to end.    

Now the two F-3's are a little better off than they were a few days ago.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew