Start of a second kitbashing project
Here are 2 pics of the subject of my next adventure in kitbashing(note first kitbashing will continue for awhile before I discombobulate this train.

Here are some pics with what I have planned to do to the loco.

Looks like a neat project. Are you planning to get crazy with it and build it with DCC, sound and the whole nine? Or will this be just a modified Christmas Tree cat chaser? Either way I like taking toys and making them into something more realistic. It's a fun challenge.
Tyler D.
General Manager
[Image: image.php?album_id=238&image_id=4544&display=popup]
gbwdude Wrote:Looks like a neat project. Are you planning to get crazy with it and build it with DCC, sound and the whole nine? Or will this be just a modified Christmas Tree cat chaser? Either way I like taking toys and making them into something more realistic. It's a fun challenge.

If the original mechanisim fits On30 / HO will just remove the sound portion takes up most of the cab space with the small motor underneth the sound board. It may also get a new paint job. I found these sets in a Lakeside catalog for a little over 8 bucks not bad for a conversion to On30 Icon_lol worse case look for an HO basket case small loco 0-4-0 or 0-6-0 conventional no DCC at this time I do have 2 command locomotives TMCC and DCS (Lionel S & MTH O)

When I see an odd sized battery op train with a nice loco and or cool train cars my mind starts formulating what it can be changed into. I used to be a member of COSG Central Ohio S Gaugers and at a show one time one of the members had a nice caboose with a santa figure in it I ask how he built it he said it was an old christmas ornament that he added S gauge trucks to. That caboose comes to mind whenever I find "toy" train sets with potential for kitbashing.
As luck would have it the gauge of the loco is almost spot on with HO/On30 gauge track 2285_ however the flanges are too tall Misngth Like someone has already said it is a challenge Icon_lol Maybe I could glue a rubberband to the wheels or a heavy layer of bullfrog snot(a real product for making traction tires out of liquid green rubber that dries to an almost clear traction tire) as I said before worse case look for an Ho junker and do a boiler&cab transplant Confusedhock:
No progress yet here, but still Imagineering changes to be made to locomotive. Hope to have some progress on this by end of month.
" Smokestack and dome touching, not much I can do about that" .......

I see two options possible......

Wink Confusedhock: raise the stack, or, shorten the dome. 8-) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
of the two, I would go with lowering the dome, it looks just a bit too tall.

That's what razor saws were made for. Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks for the idea , really do not like the looks of the dome anyway.

I looked at the work shop/bench the other day and that was about it, did run some trains for awhile.
This will be third in line to start and complete, old but not forgotten.