New Camera Ordered - 1/28 -- formerly Camera Card Needed
Anybody have a SM card they can part with? Not many cameras around anymore that use these. They came in sizes from 32 MB to 256 MB.

[Image: IMAG0205.jpg]
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Running Bear Wrote:Anybody have a SM card they can part with? Not many cameras around anymore that use these. They came in sizes from 32 MB to 256 MB.

[Image: IMAG0205.jpg]

Walmart has a 3 in 1 SD card for only $12. It is the Full size adapter, Micro adapter, and Mini SD Card. In which you add the Micro to the full size, or the micro to the Mini.

Think it's the 2 gig. Either Lexar or SanDisk

Looks like this:

[Image: 0061965904678_500X500.jpg]
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
That's for a camera that takes SD cards, not SM. I need the SM (Smart Media) card.
Collector of Apple //e's

Running Bear Wrote:That's for a camera that takes SD cards, not SM. I need the SM (Smart Media) card.

Damn, i didn't know. I always thought they were the same since the sizes were similar
Tom

Model Conrail

The SM card is twice the size of the SD card and is quite a bit older.
Collector of Apple //e's

I'll keep a look out for ya Thumbsup
Tom

Model Conrail

I have a 128MB SanDisk one from an old MP3 player. I am not to sure if it still works as i haven't used it in a couple years. Just PM me your address and i will drop it in the mail.

I have been wondering if anything else used these things.

Mike
Beamish, check your PM's. I'll let you know if it still works.
Collector of Apple //e's

I'm glad the SD was mentioned as I had one kicking around, that SM card must be dated quite a while back.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
You could say that. The SM card was replaced by the Memory Stick which was replaced by the SD card.
Collector of Apple //e's

Dropping it in the mail right away. Let me know when you get it. Regular letter mail from Saskatchewan Canada so it could take a couple weeks.

Beamish
Thanks. I'll let you know if it still works.
Collector of Apple //e's

Well I went camera shopping yesterday. I looked at the ones at Walgreen's but none were set up for demonstration so I went over to Wal-Mart. Try as I might I couldn't find the Kodak Easy-Share 713. The Kodak Easy-Share 813 was on display however so I tried it. The results were less than spectacular. It worked OK from a distance but had a lot of trouble with close-up shots, even with no zoom. By close-up I mean within a foot. I tried several others, some just didn't seem to balance well in my hands (no feeling there) and weren't easily held onto. Then I came across a Nikon Cool-Pix L18. I seem to remember somebody telling me they had great success with one of these. I tried it and found it extremely easy to use, easy to hold onto and balance and was essentially point and shoot. I tried several shots with it and was quite pleased. One shot was of the store shelf and was within six inches at full zoom. It was crisp and clear. The focus was so sharp I thought I might get cut. I checked the price. Not bad, just under $100. I looked for one on the shelf and wouldn't you know it, out of stock. Well all is not lost. Upon returning home I did an internet search for it. I found a lot of places that advertised it but most had a message that I really dislike. Out of stock / discontinued. After searching more sites than I care to count I finally located one and for $20 less and with free shipping. I checked the availability to be sure. Yep, it was there. I immediately ordered it and it should be here within a couple of weeks. Does this mean I'll stop using the old Olympus? Not on your life! I'll keep using it until it either shrivels up and dies or I can no longer get cards for it. There are a couple of cards on the way but there's no guarantee they'll work. At present I have one operational SM card (64MB) and I get error messages on it periodically.
Collector of Apple //e's

Did the new camera come with the rechargable battery pack , that was one of the must haves when I bought my Canon PowerShot S60 ?
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
It uses AA batteries for which I use Duracell rechargeables. My Olympus and Vivitar both use them so I have plenty laying around.
Collector of Apple //e's