HO Scale Lifeboats (and some larger vessels, too)
BR60103 Wrote:One big item is a unit that was intended for a Russian bomber....

Gidday David, some years ago I got to look around the cockpit of an Antonov An-12 and was a little amused/amazed of the number of large Bakelite switches in the radio operators and flight engineers positions. They reminded me of the light switches in some old houses.

Well, I’ve “finished” the wheel house though I will qualify the finished by saying that it’s been suggested to me to fit LED lighting to the spot lights and inside the wheel house to show off the interior detail, so I’ve designed it so that I can remove the roof and the wheel house itself, if I ever feel so inspired. Don’t hold your breath though. Nope

Thanks for looking.
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Very nicely-done! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
Thanks Wayne.
Now the Salty Sea Dogs amongst us may shake their heads glumly at the lubberly way the falls have been rigged but I must admit to struggling to try and get this to the “Looks about right” stage.
Newly made little bits going “Pingggg” into oblivion, and clumsy fingers breaking perfectly good bits off which then go “Pingggg”. :cry:
One down, two to go. ( Thank goodness it isn't the Titanic.)

Thanks for looking,
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
JaBear Wrote:Newly made little bits going “Pingggg” into oblivion, and clumsy fingers breaking perfectly good bits off which then go “Pingggg”.

I don't know much about "Pingggg", but I do, all too well know the SNAP of the tweezer points, when a tiny part "escapes their grip", and flies off into Eek Curse Icon_lol "Oblivion" .

The "covers" on your lifeboats look outstanding ! Thumbsup I do enjoy seeing your detail work.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:
JaBear Wrote:Newly made little bits going “Pingggg” into oblivion, and clumsy fingers breaking perfectly good bits off which then go “Pingggg”.

I don't know much about "Pingggg", but I do, all too well know the SNAP of the tweezer points, when a tiny part "escapes their grip", and flies off into Eek Curse Icon_lol "Oblivion" .

Sumpter250,
the translation for the English term "tweezers" into German is not Pinzette, but "Pinggggzette". Wink

JaBear,

cool loking stuff the canvas covered lifeboat in it's davits. Worship
And i made the "pingggg" expierience too, too often, but also with the Murphy's Law variant b): directly into the eye.

Lutz
Schraddel Wrote:And i made the "pingggg" expierience too, too often, but also with the Murphy's Law variant b): directly into the eye.
Lutz
Icon_twisted :mrgreen: Well......at least you could "see" where it landed. Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Thank you gentlemen for your kind remarks.

Schraddel Wrote:And i made the "pingggg" expierience too, too often, but also with the Murphy's Law variant b): directly into the eye.

As I wear spectacles for the close in detail work I don’t get hit in the eye, but do, far too frequently, feel pinggy bits that bounce off my thick skull. The thing is that they are never to be seen again!!!! I can get down on my hands and knees with my table top light and find all sorts of flotsam and jetsam, often far smaller than the missing part, but can I find the part??? Nope

Anyhow, close but no cigar!!

Thanks for looking,
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
That last picture, with the natural background, and in full sun light, :o Applause Thumbsup Cheers
That is spectacular. If I could photo-shop in, water, under that ferry, it would be difficult to believe that it is a model.
2285_ Big Grin 2285_
For those who may not know, I have built a few ship models. Here, is a photo of one of them, an HO scale coastal freighter, that started out as a fishing trawler kit. I think I can safely say that I know the ferry is one beautifully built model.

Yeah JaBear!

That is it! The real thing WOW Thumbsup Applause Worship
Congratulations for the launching of your railroad ferry. An extraordinary piece of an real handcrafted made unusual shipmodel.

And one of the other Laws of Murphy says:
"Missing parts will reappear just in the moment when you have made and mounted a replacement part."

[Image: dsc0532099f6d.jpg]
Long ago when i made my pingggg expieriences with shipbuilding. Wink

Lutz
Photo 
This is a double embarrassment, firstly I didn’t have the courtesy to thank Pete (too late now Icon_e_sad ), and Lutz for their kind words, and secondly that it’s taken me 6 years to apply the rest of the decals!!! Icon_redface Wallbang 

As things currently stand, I would be extremely foolish to even try to estimate when a layout to accommodate the “Makwa” will be even started.