Weekly Photo Fun 7/11 - 7/17/14
Went to the Taupo Hobby Exhibition today and this caught my eye, scratch built by Mr Brian Lilley, the Taupo Totara Timber Co #7 2-4-4-2 Alco built Mallet, 1:24 scale, one of two mallets ever in New Zealand. Unfortunately there was no one available to satisfy my curosity.

Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Did some light weathering (black wash and light gray dry brush) and added some details. Installed also my first pair of coupler lift bars at the age of 62. Will keep my pace and do the next at the age of 124.... my body is not made to install coupler lift bars Nope
[Image: IMG_3472_zps9a0d84d8.jpg]
Reinhard
EG&E Consolidation #24 waits for an eastbound freight to clear the Leetown yard before she crosses over the mainline to pick up her freight consist sitting on the north industrial siding

[Image: 004-5.jpg]
2-4-4-2 Mallet, TTTCo #7:
Always like to see small articulated locos......
Sag Harbor Shipbuilding and Drydock Co. #1, and outside frame 3' gauge 2-4-4-2

And..... the Shipyard restored Standard gauge 2-4-4-2, Shinnecock HIlls Lumber Company # 2821

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Here is PRT 25 & crew bring in a carload of soda ash to the Dundee transload yard for the local water treatment plant (PVWC) . The crew is setting up the portable conveyer to transload into a truck, then there backing the truck in & using the wheel loader with a coupler on it to move the railcar!!!!! I built the wheel loader & portable conveyer for 1 dollar !!!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice selection of photos this week Thumbsup
Ralph and Kevin thanks for the comments, and Ralph they are airslide hoppers.
Reinhard it's always a pleasure to see Conrail working your layout.
I see one of the steam guys doesn't want to offend those who only model diesel Icon_lol
kamerad nice use of the wheel loader to move your cars.

Bruce
Conrail switching down the road at the east end
[Image: IMG_3474_zpsb76ef234.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3473_zpsd6f9162b.jpg]
Reinhard
The Winchester and Western had this mother and slug unit in Millville today. The 120 is an ex Conrail MT4 slug and the 576 was originally BAR GP9 #76. The WW acquired it from the Belvedere and Delaware River and designated it a GP10m. I asked about this and was told that was what the shop guy at WW called it, will try and get more info.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

This CSX SW1001 which is an ex Conrail 9411 was at the CSAO Pavonia engine house in Camden yesterday.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Passing through today on the way to Altoona for a paint job, at least that is what I was told. On train 34N14 . Enon Valley, Pa.    
Charlie
This photo of BDRV 1848 was taken at Winchester and Western's Bridgeton Shop in Feb. of 2009. You can compare the work done. The shop also added the small "48" on front of the small and rear hoods. Don't know what is the significance of the crab pot buoy.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

bdw9535 Wrote:I see one of the steam guys doesn't want to offend those who only model diesel Icon_lol Bruce
Icon_twisted Make that two of the steam guys :o Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
SM&CH BL20-2 3050, and 3051    
These were kitbashed.
As far as I know, EMD didn't build a whole lot of these.

The building behind 3050, is now part of the pickle factory, on the left end of the "new module" set. The coal tower and water tank, behind the 3051, are now on the right end of the 'new module" set.

Another "not too common" diesel GP15-1

And: FTA FTB F7A, on the "new modules"

and, one of these days I'll get back to the "Hustler" A-B-A project :o Wink

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
An MP15DC runs the local today.
I wonder if the former Reading engines have been used by Conrail to serve old warehouse/industry districts similar to my layout. All photos I can find show the MP15DC at Reading and Conrail time at the country side or passing smaller towns but never in Philadelphia etc. before they have been returned to GATX.
[Image: IMG_3491_zps91635b1e.jpg]
Reinhard
It's been a good week,great contributions ---here's something for everyone whether you like steam or internal combustion

[Image: 019-3.jpg]
faraway Wrote:I wonder if the former Reading engines have been used by Conrail to serve old warehouse/industry districts similar to my layout. All photos I can find show the MP15DC at Reading and Conrail time at the country side or passing smaller towns but never in Philadelphia etc. before they have been returned to GATX.

Reinhard,

According to what I found on the Conrail Historical Society page the MP15DC's stayed on what was the old Reading Division and served on lines that mainly dealt with coal. Spent some time going thru my Conrail books but could not confirm this.

Bruce