My layout plans have grown bigger...
heres a strep back of sorts, rearranged to be how It'll be in my garage (the corners are the corners, instead of up' being the right side.

Still code 80, with a massive turnout count (31!). Put back the inglenook, made sure there is basically nothing in the corner but sceery. No level changes and no more than a 30" reach anywhere. Height will be 32 (w/ caster wheels) + 1 or 2 inches of foam.

[Image: CeePIbg.png]
When I hear the iron horse make the hills echo with his snort like thunder, shaking the earth with his feet, and breathing fire and smoke from his nostrils, it seems as if the earth had got a race now worthy to inhabit it.

-- Henry David Thoreau
heres it is, arrowed to a pair of 30-inch doors

two variations

[Image: J7Xnt3n.png]

or

[Image: zNQVIvx.png]
When I hear the iron horse make the hills echo with his snort like thunder, shaking the earth with his feet, and breathing fire and smoke from his nostrils, it seems as if the earth had got a race now worthy to inhabit it.

-- Henry David Thoreau
Hi,
Looking good.My choicewould be the first plan.More switching possibilities ..

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
working on trying to reduce the reach over all the scenery. will repost tonight

-- Henry David Thoreau
here we go, yard in the middle, industry in front

[Image: 4CkQoFv.png]

-- Henry David Thoreau
This version looks a whole lot better! But there's still minor problems. As currently configured, to use the the switchback you'll ALWAYS have to move cars at Acme & Krestle to work it. Better yet have the connection to the main on left end of that spur vs right end. That way the spur can be worked w/ no switchback moves. Also you won't need a siding in it because you can use the one on the main there. Also does the siding on right bottom have to be so long? Have right end switch between the curves on bottom. If you need the length for passing long trains OK. If you have both switches for that siding it would be a lapped siding. Use left end of it to switch the industries there & both parts for passing long trains.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
lajry Wrote:This version looks a whole lot better! But there's still minor problems. As currently configured, to use the the switchback you'll ALWAYS have to move cars at Acme & Krestle to work it. Better yet have the connection to the main on left end of that spur vs right end. That way the spur can be worked w/ no switchback moves. Also you won't need a siding in it because you can use the one on the main there. Also does the siding on right bottom have to be so long? Have right end switch between the curves on bottom. If you need the length for passing long trains OK. If you have both switches for that siding it would be a lapped siding. Use left end of it to switch the industries there & both parts for passing long trains.

I'm already thinking along those lines... will post an update tonight

the long curved sidings along the right-bottom could be turned into two shorter spurs , but I kind of line the branchline feel of it doing it won't save any turnouts, so why not?

-- Henry David Thoreau
here is the updated switching, along with where I think roads will work

[Image: IquszIH.png]

-- Henry David Thoreau
Hi,

The plan looks good.I would change the connection on the green spur to the trucking and oil company...

cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835