Weekly Photo Fun 1'23 - 1/29/15
Lost and almost forgotten till some kids spotted it in the collapsed loading shed of a abandoned grain elevator.Still loaded with grain.No one knows why it was never picked up or no ome complained about not getting their grain.

[Image: GVR-3103.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
I got on the telly-phone right away and called a feller over at the Leetown Shops an' he says that the CNR ain't gonna buy no C-425s nohow, whatever the heck they might be.
Another feller who knows about this kinda stuff says that the EG&E wuz a little leery 'bout leavin' the train in care of such a strange lookin' thing, and that they discreetly (that means kinda sneaky-like) tucked in one of their Mohawks right behind, just to make sure nothin' uneventful happens, like the dang thing quittin'.

[Image: DSCF2547.jpg]

Leon
(with apologies to Don Harron and all knowledgeable railfans)[/quote]

Leon's older and wiser brother Lester has been concerned about Leon's behaviour lately.He's not sure whether Leon has been drinking too much of their homemade corn mash or maybe he ate some of those strange mushrooms or possibly inhaled too much of the smoke from those tall plants that they burned that were growing in the cornfield.Leon has been talking about being able to see into the future
Great pictures everyone. Here is a Then taken February, 1979    
And here is one taken today at the same location, just a different angle.    
Charlie
I worked on my Gulf Oil facility this afternoon to create some freelanced loading structures, mostly made from sprues and pieces of an old bridge kit. The operator shacks were made from pieces of a Plasticville barn. Never throw anything away! Smile

[Image: 005_zps379ccd76.jpg]

[Image: 003_zps69d07b38.jpg]
Looking good Ralph.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Ralph,

Nice use of spare parts.

Bruce
Hung around the corner and waited for 9602 to finish. Watched as the conductor finished flagging the intersection and then he climbed aboard the boxcar going into Seaside Foods.

By the time I walked around to the next block 9602 was respotting the covered hopper, which had to be moved to work Seaside, at Harbor Rope.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

bdw9535 Wrote:As Charlie and Ed have said in the past interest in the WPF has dropped off considerably.

Bruce

I wouldn't say my interest has dropped off, but I suppose In my case, I have few pictures worth posting. My layout has more or less become somewhat beat up with age and deferred maintenance, none of my modules make good backdrops for photography (they really need some sort of improved scenery!), and I have no projects truly worthy of sharing in this thread (not that they wouldn't be more worthy of being in my model progress thread).

I do try to click through the photo threads every week, even if I don't comment or post.

I have made some progress to share, I've begun painting my GP40P. Unfortunately, the intuitive paint color to use, "C&O /B&O blue", did not match the other dark blue paint on my CNJ/NJ DOT cars.

Apparently, the C&O had these units (and many of the passenger cars) painted in the C&O scheme to reflect the partial ownership of the then bankrupt CNJ by the C&O (through the B&O just to make things confusing).

B&O royal blue might be better, but that means stripping this shell and starting over! Any advice, or am I out of luck?

[Image: P1252114.jpg]

[Image: P1252115.jpg]

Also, I collected a few new train parts, a Silverliner II Numberboard (Thanks Joe!), a Broad Street Subway Third Rail Shoe, and a New Haven Washboard MU Numberboard.

THe Washboard numberboard is actually a Penn Central numberboard, that someone painted over and put the original numbers on. I'm thinking about stripping the paint from this board to return it to its original PC state.

[Image: P1262149.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Some more action on the Stoney Creek hill---here is CNR H6 ten wheeler 1533 heading west back to Leetown

[Image: e70ae44c-4aff-4867-b610-e1e94e08b3f6_zpswsnm2jae.jpg]
Green_Elite_Cab said,
Quote:B&O royal blue might be better, but that means stripping this shell and starting over! Any advice, or am I out of luck?

Why strip and repaint? Seems a couple thin coats over whats already there would be a better deal.Or maybe adding some black to the colour you already have (test on something first).
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

True blue Big Grin
[Image: IMG_3894_zpsff43b88f.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3897_zps89fe9bcd.jpg]
Reinhard
Catt Wrote:Green_Elite_Cab said,
Quote:B&O royal blue might be better, but that means stripping this shell and starting over! Any advice, or am I out of luck?

Why strip and repaint? Seems a couple thin coats over whats already there would be a better deal.Or maybe adding some black to the colour you already have (test on something first).

I suppose I was nervous that the paint would get too thick.

The whole paint situation bugs me, because I just took the bottle label at face value, something I rarely do, and I got burned for it! Perhaps Tru-color's "C&O / B&O Blue" represents some other paint scheme, because its way to bright for most engines I've seen with that paint, even without weathering.

After testing the B&O royal blue and finding that it wasn't quite right either (too purple), I settled on the color I had originally planned to paint it before the Tru color paints ever came out, Polly Scale C&O enchantment blue.

Sure enough, the color came out just about fine. I think some crystal coat or gloss coat might bring out the darker blue, and this can be weathered later over top of it.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Now that you've "been there", "done that".
You are not alone. How do you think my "signature lines" evolved. Wink Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!