UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
PART 2

Going back to the spur that runs behind the West End Dinner, it takes us to Weidman & Ward company...
[Image: aaZtFNO.jpg]

[Image: oBXxZjp.jpg]

Though I am not really sure what exactly Weidman & Ward company makes, I have learned from railfanning it that cars come here from UP's yard in Rock Valley, and cars come here from Gern also. I have seen cars go out from here to UP's yard, and also have seen them go to Tri-Star truck to rail, rail to truck center in the town of Owen...kind of a modern day freight station if you will, but not Misngth . 

So there you have it, that brings us to the end of the right front of my layout. this area needs a few more trees, a lot more brush, and a few deer, but other then that, its not to far from being done. 
[Image: XZpcZkn.jpg]

Thats it for this week, just wanted to get a few shots in of areas I dont take many pics of. Most of the areas you have seen are hard to get any really good shots of trains in, thus, you guys dont see much of it, hope you liked it Icon_e_smile .
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
BONUS POST...

Yep, its a "run by" I was able to get some shots of, this is an excursion train heading back to the Rock Valley Railway Museum. The engine on point is the Milwaukee Road 23A & B, a Fairbanks Morse CFA16-4 (“C-Liner”), built 1951 right here in Beloit(that is true) , with 4 of the Milwaukee's finest passenger cars still going strong...
[Image: RxPd99j.jpg]

[Image: Rt2IlVs.jpg]

[Image: sycX4Ee.jpg]

[Image: ana06x9.jpg]

[Image: z85EpCI.jpg]

[Image: wwy3Yym.jpg]

Honestly, the best part of running these are they really run well on my layout. I bought these to run on my Dads layout and these Walthers cars are VERY PICKY, seemed like they were always derailing and stuff, ugh, a real pain, but fortunately they have really been running great on my layout. I put sound in the A unit, and it really is the Fairbanks-Morse engine sound too, that makes it extra nice Icon_e_biggrin . I leave this set, and a CNW F7 push-pull passenger set on my museum track so I can run them anytime.

NOW, THATS ALL, LOL! I'm out of here...till next time
It's really nice to see all those new scenes, Deano, and that Milwaukee train looks great.

Several of those tail-end cars ended-up here in Canada, but they were eventually banned because they lacked a second door, required here for safety-purposes.  Many, if not all of them, eventually made their way back to the States, most under private ownership, I think.

Wayne
Pretty train!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks for the tour. Very cool scenes. The Milwaukee trains is very sweet.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks Deano, every place you look is done with just the right amount of details. Thumbsup  Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks so much guys! Icon_e_biggrin

Well another week has passed, kinda hectic, but I got some running on the layout down, and some fixing...cripes. 
Seems like everything is going to pot on me, its all breaking...er, so it seems. I told you guys a few posts back that when I buy new cars/engines I never changed the couplers on them until they broke or gave me problems, well it seems like over the last couple months I have had a bunch of couplers go out on me. One good thing is every time I go to the hobby store I always pick up 2-4 packs of Kadee #5's, I sure have been using them. I think the problem is all my stuff is getting old, and I have been running long trains now that I have a layout I can do that on, but now it seems like I have 1-2 cars or engines breaking couplers just about every time I run. All the cars that I have Kadees on work perfectly though, should have changed them all when I bought them.

Another problem I have been having is all my plows on my engines have been coming off...give me a break, cripes. I suspect its the same problem, my stuff is old and has been stored and moved several times through the years. I am always careful with my stuff as to not break anything, but Ill pick up something, or just move it and BOOM, plow is off. SO, I have been fixing things this past week.

I ran all my patched units this week, didnt get shots of all of them but I ran them, I'll post shots of all my patched engines here...
[Image: RSBbnvV.jpg]

[Image: 59NigZP.jpg]

[Image: 8kZRoIX.jpg]

[Image: DNw7Wqj.jpg]

[Image: dEdO0i3.jpg]

NOT going to patch this one, but I consider it a patched unit...
[Image: ZjENTbJ.jpg]

OK, did ya notice I have two patched units from every road I have thats not UP. Here's just a couple random shots from this week...
[Image: NmOocwD.jpg]

[Image: UpxGkUf.jpg]

Thats all for this week folks, till next time...
2285_ Applause Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Fantastic pictures Deano. Your locos are nicely done sir!
Great pictures as always Deano---I really like that C-liner---the CNR and CPR both had them on their rosters but the Canadian units were built at the Canadian Locomotive Works in Kingston Ontario.BTW,check your e-mail for a PM.
Great photos Deano!
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks so much guys! Icon_e_smile Icon_e_smile

No real progress this week, but seeing Tom's F7's got me in the mood to pull out and run my F9's  Icon_e_biggrin . They are Bowser engines, not much for detail on them, but I have been working on them, though I have a long way to go. I have to finish decaling them, put some bellows on them, and some grab irons. The B unit is a dummy, the A unit runs GREAT!! very smooth at low speeds too Applause 
[Image: Xlj0fSq.jpg]

[Image: CiSV4ap.jpg]

Till next time..
Might not have much detail but they still look good.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Definately wouldn't want to be on the business end of 507. That's a mean looking front end.
Been a bit busy lately, this is the time of year all the local gun shows are going on so it has ate up my weekends. Did however get a chance to run some trains this week Icon_e_biggrin Applause , it was nice just to run two trains at a time around the layout while watching WSOR vids on youtube. 

I dont know if you folks watch any train vids on youtube, but I sure do, there are TONS of UP vids, and surprisingly a lot of WSOR vids too Applause  . 
I have been on a WSOR vid kick lately, WSOR only runs GP38's and SD40-2s these days, I just love the sound of them, very addictive to watch...for me anyways Misngth  .
EDIT: One of the most watched channels on YouTube I watch for train vids is: HighironofWisconsin , it has CN, CP, WSOR, UP and some BNSF, all in Wisconsin. Sure, I can easily catch UP and CP here in Beloit & S.Beloit, and see WSOR/UP galore in Jansville, but its nice to watch them in the comfort of my train room too while I am running trains or working on the layout too.

Well, just posting to let you guys know I'm still around Goldth 
[Image: f1ay4Vi.jpg]

Till next time...