Delwins Boat & Net Storage by "Rail Scale Miniatures"
Hi everyone, I'm a big fan of Canadian Kit manufacturer "Rail Scale Miniatures" Dario LeDonne, the owner of RSM produces some of the nicest craftsmen kits out there.
And this one I had the pleasure of building is no exception, Delwins Net & Boat storage. I built this kit a couple of years ago and thought I could share some more of my modeling with you.
This kit also has a additional lighting kit that you can purchase, I love lighting so I added that feature to my build. Here is how it came out looking, enjoy!

And a overview of the entire diorama.

Here are some additional photo's of this scene.

Greg Shinnie

Greg Shinnie

Attached Files Image(s)

Greg,

Fantastic modeling and your detailing is outstanding. Applause

Bruce
Thanks Bruce! I think photographing your work outside really helps a lot!

Greg
Wonderful Applause
Reinhard
Thanks Reinhard!

Greg
Greg---without a doubt,some of the finest modelling I have ever seen Thumbsup
Thanks for your kind words cn nutbar! And just for the record I love Canadian National too!

Greg
The boat in your fourth picture looks " similar" to the boat.........
in this picture, because of the exposed frames. Sihaya was built plank on frame, did you do the same on that smaller boat ?, modify an existing hull ?, or did that boat come that way ?

In any case THAT, is something that isn't seen all that often. NICE WORK !!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hi Sumpter250, that little boat is called a Bowpicker, it's a resin model that came with this kit.
I drilled a large hole into to the resin hull, about a 1/4 inch deep.
I then painted the drilled hole black, then glued in the hull pieces upright.
Then carefully carved the edges of the hole to accept little wooden pieces glued around the hole, to give it that irregular appearance.
And before I knew it, I had a damaged Bowpicker! I even named her the "Minnow" 357
I did add the navigational lights (LED's) to the Bowpicker in that 4th photo, that I believe you were referring too.

Greg

Unbelievable work Greg Applause You definitely set the bar high with your modelling.
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Thanks very much Stephen! I've been modeling since I was a kid, so now with over 40 years of experience building models, I'm certain to get a few right. 357

Here a couple more images of Delwins.

The local freight crews refer to this crossing as "Delwins Crossing" Big Grin

I enjoy my night photography images the best!

Greg

Attached Files Image(s)

WOW ! supermodelling,detailing is first class, well done.
What its Monday!! Again !!