Delwins Boat & Net Storage by "Rail Scale Miniatures"
Speechless! Really great diorama. You're right, the structure has nice proportion, they aren't a caricature. The night light effect on water are pretty nice!

Don't be ashame to share you work, it's delightful.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Stunning! Eek Thumbsup
Thanks for having a look & for your kind words gwyn68, Matt & Ralph!

Greg
Ensign Wrote:Hi Sumpter250, that little boat is called a Bowpicker, it's a resin model that came with this kit.
I drilled a large hole into to the resin hull, about a 1/4 inch deep.
I then painted the drilled hole black, then glued in the hull pieces upright.
Then carefully carved the edges of the hole to accept little wooden pieces glued around the hole, to give it that irregular appearance.
And before I knew it, I had a damaged Bowpicker! I even named her the "Minnow" 357 Greg

Kinda thought it was a modification to an existing hull. Very nicely done ! Thumbsup Thanks for the quick reply.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
It's modeling like this that makes me want to pack it in! Wallbang
Holly Cow! Eek I had to look at it a few times it is so life like!
Geeeez! That is simply the best I have ever seen Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Fantastic!

Syl
Great Modeling work! Big Grin Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thanks Sumpter250, Syl & ngauger, for your interest and kind words!
Here are a few more photo's of Delwins.

Greg
Ensign Wrote:Thanks Sumpter250, Syl & ngauger, for your interest and kind words!
Here are a few more photo's of Delwins.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Greg
Beautifully done water, The boat "Dario", and her wake !!!!! I have never seen "scale water" done so perfectly !! Thumbsup

For just a heartbeat, thought the water was going to pour out of the computer screen Wink Wink Icon_twisted Big Grin Big Grin
I'm sure, knowing how to pose the scene, and the natural sunlight, all help convey the reality all the better.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
MLW Wrote:It's modeling like this that makes me want to pack it in! Fantastic! Syl

I look at it like this.....It's modeling like this that opens a whole new learning curve.....IT CAN BE DONE !!!!! Cheers
Thanks again Sumpter250! I really appreciate your kind words.

For the water I used "Magic Water" and a product called "Making waves"

The Magic Water is a 2 part mixture, mixed in equal amounts. The key to using this stuff is mixing it well and then mixing it well again.
It has no odours, does not seem to creep up as much as Envirotex does. Here is a shot of me pouring the Magic water for my Delwins diorama.

The Making Waves product is brush on after the Magic water has cured, and it goes on white as you can in the photo below, and dries clear.

And this is how it came out looking when I was finished.

Greg
All I can say right now, is, I have to find this "Magic Water" and "Making Waves", and start playing with it. I do have seven and a half scale acres of open water on my four module set, that, right now, are "flat calm" blue paint on a 1/4" plywood surface.
It's been "good enough", but what you have done with those products...............I really gotta try to reproduce.
I might try, first, just using the "Making Waves", on a separate sheet of plywood painted the same blue, just to see if that would be all that is needed.
" Delwins Boat & Net Storage " is fast becoming a really great learning curve !
The "random sparkle" of your water surface is absolutely natural......21 years active duty Navy, I think I know what water "looks like", now, maybe I can finally model it better.
As for the level of detail in your scenes, this is about as close as I have come. Ozzies Bait and Tackle was a business on Merrick Road in Copiague, L.I., N.Y. where I grew up. this is not what the actual building looked like, but it worked for me.

Worship Worship Worship Worship
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.