Weekly Photo Fun 9/11 - 9/17/15
e-paw Wrote:Chased the DL from Slateford to the water gap today.
NICE Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Worship Worship
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:I even put a few miles at the throttle under my belt.
Is a wood lined cab interior usual?????
Cheers, the puzzled Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Is a wood lined cab interior usual?????

Very usual when this unit was built in 1943.
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Very usual when this unit was built in 1943.
I must admit that surprises me even more as I would have assumed that wartime construction would have been more utilitarian. Thanks for the reply Charlie.
Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
JaBear Wrote:
Charlie B Wrote:Very usual when this unit was built in 1943.
I must admit that surprises me even more as I would have assumed that wartime construction would have been more utilitarian. Thanks for the reply Charlie.
Cheers, the Bear.
This unit was built for the Army reserve and was supposed to be shipped to Zimbabwe, instead it worked at Army bases in the States as U S Navy number 2 (figure that one out). The wood you see is not the original, it was so dry rotted it would not stay in place so we got away with redoing it because it had historical significance.
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:......so we got away with redoing it because it had historical significance.
And a darn fine restoration to boot. Thumbsup
Cheers,the Bear.