I Don't " Get " Graffiti ......
I don't think that a discussion of it should be a problem, but the MR site, and perhaps others, strictly forbid it in their forum rules. I'd guess that our Members are mature enough to not let the conversation deteriorate and don't see any reason that it can't be discussed - after all, it's part of what we see nowadays.

I'm not a fan of it, but I think that there's no reason why each modeller shouldn't be allowed to depict it (or not) as suits their era and personal preferences.

I recall watching a documentary on TVO (Ontario's version of PBS) showing taggers at work. They pulled up en masse in a run-down neighbourhood near a rail yard, and, backpacks of spray bombs in-hand, headed out to "express themselves". There wasn't a lot of railroading going on, but there were some trains moving and it was nighttime, so there was potential for injuries or worse.
The thing that struck me, though, was the fact that all were driving reasonably nice cars...the kind of cars which, if someone were to come along and tag them, might result in the owners becoming more than a little distressed. What a missed opportunity. Icon_twisted

Wayne
Tagging the taggers and their cars ....I like that ! ........you're right on modelers having the choice and I would never dispute that ......Don't know why the topic would be taboo on MR and don't really care to be honest .

I got dumped on once ...by a moderator ( !) ....can't remember the site because I quit immediately after about 3 posts . I happened to enjoy the pics of a particular posting and mentioned how much the style and flavour of the scene reminded me of Malcolm Furlow's work . I went on to say that I always enjoyed Mal's south western and Mexican themes with their outside-the-box ideas . I guess the mod didn't like Furlow because he "ripped me a new one " on the next post and went on to disss Malcolm Furlow . ......then I simply said " Check Please ! " ......gone ! Goldth Eek

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I'd like to think we're a little more tolerant than that here T! Smile
Soitenly ....nuk , nuk .
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I model the present day and graffiti exists in the present day thus you will find graffiti on my rolling stock. If you don't like it don't model it. It is as simple as that.

It is your hobby you should enjoy it your way. Just don't tell me my way is wrong.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"