Weekly Photo Fun 9/2 - 9/8/16
Some more pictures from Steamtown from August 26, 2016.
Union Pacific 4012

Brooks Scanlon Corp 1

Another shot of CNR 47

Bruce
Well Mr. Nutbar, The 47 is slated to return to service, but there is no timeframe set for that work. It could be years before anything is done. Her boiler was up for a rebuild when she was taken out of service, but was operating up till that time. There are paperwork issues of some kind with that engine, I don't know what they are and don't want to spread false rumors.
The National Park Service is now looking into using contractors to do some of the restoration work, as the contractors bid on the jobs, they give a set price for the work. This helps to control the costs of the restoration. Steamtown operates on a shoestring budget and is severely understaffed , especially in the restoration department. At one time each department in the restoration shop had at least a dozen people working it. Now there are less than that restoring and maintaining all the equipment in the park. Without the volunteers putting in whatever time they can, it would be a museum of static displays.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Before I retired in 2009 I was employed by the City of Hamilton Social Service Dept. as a job placement co-ordinator.Our priority was to help indivduals develop transferable skills to help them become more employable to re-enter the work-force---I can only imagine how many individuals would benefit from the opportunities they would develop working in an setting like the Steamtown museum
A pair of B40-8's head up a Conrail intermodal running through Chestnut Neck.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

faraway Wrote:Sorry, no wonderful prototypes... just my ordinary models

Reinhard,

Your models are anything but ordinary. Thumbsup

Bruce