Weekly Photo Fun 8/12 - 8/18
WOW, I got to start off this weeks thread too :mrgreen:

I was running my Aero Train last night, though in real life they were not so great a ride but they sure looked cool. You know I would have the UP version 8-) , though UP didn't have it long and it ended up with the Rock Island .
[Image: DSCN2646.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
This is my "Get Off Your Duff Challenge" build(I'm still working on). Started at this spot 7 months ago:
[Image: IMG_1381_zpsvtn5qbcu.jpg]

Made to this as of today Crazy :
[Image: IMG_0307_zps3qfzsudz.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0308_zpsnf8rguh4.jpg]
Sunday morning

[Image: 36491031236_afd31eb143_c.jpg]
[Image: 36491031656_aaeb4205a9_c.jpg]

ps. The CR GP15-1 are candidates to get Tsunami 2 and LEDs soon. Two Tsunamis are currently at the USPS facility in Jersey City and two at the Royal Mail in UK. Looks like Germany is sold out.
Reinhard
Nice shot Reinhard Cheers What are your thoughts on the Bluford Shops caboose?
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
PEIR Wrote:N.... thoughts on the Bluford Shops caboose?
I love the xfer caboose. The model looks and runs great. Some have a plain flat roof. Shapeways has a replacement. https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZQS2Q4...li=ostatus
Reinhard
CNR S2A 3547 is spotted on the outbound roundhouse lead at Leetown.This locomotive started her career in Western Canada as an oil-burner but after a series of minor derailments western crews referred to her as a "voodoo" engine and were reluctant to take assignments with this locomotive so she was transferred east where hopefully her luck would change.She completed a Class 5 overhaul and was converted to a coal burner with a new tender and assigned to the Leetown Division where she became a favourite with the Leetown crews.The local engineers joked that the heavy fisted western hoggers didn't know how to treat a lady with respect.

[Image: 35405993334_197e0d79f4_k.jpg]
Waiting for the local to pass so the excursion can get on the way, as seen from the cab of DL&W 663.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Monday is scrap day

[Image: 36562568675_72934fe19a_c.jpg]
[Image: 36562568385_57a2881aab_c.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard, it looks as if that gondola next to the 9504 has been carrying hot steel. At the steel plant where I worked, all in-plant (non-interchange) cars used for carrying hot ingots, slabs, or coils had the car numbers painted in an area below the level of the car's floor, as any paint above that would have been burned off.
Since the cars never left the premises, no other lettering was required, and that included dimensional data: whatever would fit in a gondola became its rated capacity, and many times I saw what would have been considered 70 ton cars (on any common carrier road) with loads approaching or exceeding 200 tons.

Wayne
[Image: dsc02503olsmt.jpg]
Two Canadians underway. Two GP40-2CW sounding at notch 8 to keep the pace.
(Fremo Meeting in Ubstadt-Weiher 8/10 - 8/13)

[Image: dsc02506fnsg7.jpg]
The reason why. This are about nearly 10 meters of train.
I decided it was time to get out for a day. I had no idea what I would see but as I was crossing the bridge in Enon Valley I heard the detector in New Galilee so I parked and after a short wait the NS geometry train came along.         It had to stop for a work crew at CP Enon, so I was able to get some decent shots of the rear car there.     Charlie
That's a very unusual unit, any information on it? I see it says research unit on the side of it.
KevinKrey Wrote:That's a very unusual unit, any information on it? I see it says research unit on the side of it.
it is used to test the track under load as required by the FRA. There is more on this thread on train orders
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,2313089">https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/ ... ?2,2313089</a><!-- m -->
Charlie
Today's local heading up to Tafftown with some freight.     Charlie
Fantastic shots so far this week folks!!

I'll throw one more into the ring....
[Image: DSCN2667.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]