The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all. Yeah, we did make it to 116 yesterday to tie the record. Later in the day, a dust storm hit from the southeast dropping temps below 110. The TV had continuous coverage just tracking this storm as we watched one of their video-equipped vehicles drive around the outskirts of town. I'm not sure how far the storm got into the area, but I don't think it got past the downtown area, nor was there any mention of rain. Usually, we have the dust storm followed by rain. I just got tired of watching the traffic while listening to the continuous banter from the folks in the studio on how to survive driving though these storms. I wonder if they realize that most people watching this show are sitting at home or in a bar somewhere safe. If I wanted to watch vehicles driving on the freeway, I'd go drive on the freeway myself, so we finally switched channels going into the second hour of storm coverage so I can't tell you how the story ended, but this I know, it never reached our neighborhood. There's rain in the forecast for at least a week, I just hope they get over this kick, and tell us at least a little about the rest of the news. Well, it was our first dust storm of the season, so I'll give them that....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 07-06-2018, 07:38 AM