The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 45 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid to upper 50s. Weather for the week is supposed to be typical fall weather - highs in the 50s and lows in the 40s.

On the way home yesterday I had to stop in Omaha twice. First was to deliver a raffle prize from the train show over the weekend. Very nice retired gentleman who had a mid-sized layout but had 2200 cars and "a couple hundred engines." He must rotate them on and off the layout frequently. Then I had some fun time with my granddaughter and the two kids she still has at home. The other two were still in school. After a physically challenging evening Sunday I was ready to be home. Sunday evening after the train show we had to clean the auditorium. This including taking down and loading 59 "church tables." Many were plastic but some were the old wood/masonite tables that are very heavy.

Today will be another busy day around here. First up will be a conference call with younger daughter, making initial plans for the trip to Lake Placid in March. Also need to hit the grocery store and this afternoon I'll be starting on the next leaf roundup. Lots of leaves on the ground.

Pennman - when I was working I always said one should only have to work a half day on your first day back after a vacation.

Frank - probably a good idea not hunting alone. Prayers for your friend.

Don - if you keep having surgeries you're going to need those metal bolts on your neck like a certain well-known creature.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 10-30-2018, 06:04 AM