The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Clear and cold this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. -24F with a wind chill of -46. Wind is only at 10 mph so the wind chill will get worse as the winds pick up to 15-20 mph later this morning. High for today is supposed to be about -12. Pretty much all the schools in the state are closed, as is mail delivery. Will probably be that way tomorrow also. Hats off the the paper carrier. The newspaper was on my porch when I got up this morning.

Oh, the exciting life of a swinging single guy. Yesterday I scrubbed the kitchen floor, did some ironing, cleaned the drip pans on the stove, and made some corn bread. Bet you guys are all jealous of all the fun I'm having.

I do have to go out this evening. The mother of one of my daughter's oldest friends passed away. Visitation is this evening. Daughter will be there also. She is staying with a friend in far NW Iowa. Her son has a hockey tournament in Sioux Falls over the weekend. The rest of her family is driving from Rapid City on Friday after school.

Don - count your blessings. My nearest Lowes is 60 miles away and Home Depot is 80 miles away. I do have a Menards in town but they won't cut lumber.

All stay warm.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 01-30-2019, 07:21 AM