The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
(02-03-2019, 04:43 PM)Charlie B Wrote: Don, wasn't the super bowl played 2 weeks earlier a few years ago before the leagues got greedy and added all the extra play off games to add revenue to the coffers? Maybe the question would be why do they have the super bowl the same time as the Phoenix Open. Frankly, golf is the only sport I watch, and I don't play golf either, but I do think there is more dignity among the players.
Charlie

Good point, don't remember though since I stopped interest in just about all sports when they started paying players some eight figure salaries and they still acted like children on the field. But yeah, the last year they had both the Open and the Super Bowl being played here, they Open did move the final round to Monday. I'm guessing that will happen again the next time this comes up. No, don't expect them to move the Super Bowl date, there's too much money and power there to stop them from doing what they please....

Yesterday rain stopped mid-morning, it rained again early this morning (my newspaper is wet), but it looks like it's drying now. Good thing, we're heading out to the desert to do some target shooting in a few hours. Let's hope they haven't posted more spots....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 02-04-2019, 07:01 AM