The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
My wife and I had a lot of "fun" this morning packing our old iMacs in the boxes and Styrofoam of the new ones for shipping. I assumed the iMacs did not change significantly. I was wrong and we had to reshape the Styrofoam to an extend I never dreamed of. We did it in my (train) room and I had a winter layout with lots of white snow temporary. What a mess!
It's all done and they are in the trunk now. 
There are a couple of companies that buy used computers online. You describe the unit and they give you a first estimate of price and you get the papers for free shipping. It is widely known that the price they actually pay is only a fraction of the first estimate. They estimated both iMac around 300€. I guess it will end close to 50€.

Weather is really nasty. Not so cold (50°) but rain and storm. A lot of trouble for the German Bahn. Many lines are closed due to trees on the tracks mostly in the north west. Stranded passengers in the main station of Cologne 
https://bilder.bild.de/fotos/die-reisend...2.bild.jpg
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by faraway - 03-10-2019, 11:20 AM