The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Just for a change it's raining. I think I'm starting to grow gills. There's a very low grade thunderstorm underway. 63 now headed for the low 80s and clearing skies.

Yesterday turned out somewhat different from the plan. Went to Menards and Walmart. Bought two new toilets. Rather than go to the gym etc, I decided to install the new toilets. After several trips from the basement to the second floor I got the first one installed. The one on the first floor was easier since I had already accumulated all the necessary tools, or so I thought. The tank on the second one was assembled incorrectly and I didn't have a big enough wrench to loosed the nut. Went to Menards (for at least the third trip) and talked to the woman at the service desk. She said to go see if I could find a wrench on the shelves. I did. Problem solved. The remainder of the installation went according to the manual.

Not sure what's going to be on the agenda for today. Probably a bike ride. Tomorrow I'm headed back to Des Moines to get the car fixed and pick up the new suits. Also gong to stop at the G scale dealer.

Frank - maybe you could be the project supervisor to protect your back and let the others do the heavy lifting.

Reinhard - yes, fitness can be enjoyable but after a certain point one suffers from diminishing returns. After I return from my trip I'm going to consult a trainer to see what changes I need to make.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 06-25-2019, 05:39 AM