The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, yeah Tom, 100+ is in some areas seems a lot hotter than our 110's. Plus, most people aren't use to it.

Another story: something that really made me think how great our technology is and how it's changed us. We went to Denny's yesterday for breakfast and there was this guy that was "talking" to someone using his cell phone. Only, he was using sign language, as was the person on the other end. They were hooked up with Skype or some other app where they could see each other. Without our current technology, these people would have no means of communicating. I remember back in the 60's, the phone company had previewed their "picture phone", but that was tethered to a landline and I doubt that too many people had them because of costs. Back then, I was a service tech on huge computers, about the size of four refrigerators side-by-side, but with far less computing power of today's cell phones and costing well into the six figures. Sometimes I get annoyed seeing all these people walking around or sitting in a restaurant looking at their phones and ignoring the world around them, but not this time, this time I was just amazed and thankful that we have the technology that we do....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-29-2019, 06:33 AM