The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, here we are at the start of another weekend. I think a lot of folks are taking today off, making it a four-day holiday weekend. We did have a few people in our neighborhood shooting fireworks off last night. Our legislature made selling and using fireworks legal a number of years ago. I have no idea what they were thinking since it's so dry around here that starting fires is easy. Right before New Years and the Fourth, out-of-state vendors set up tents in vacant lots and shopping center parking lots. Walmart sells them too. One little catch, it's not illegal to sell all kinds of devices, just that some of them are illegal to use.

Another short story: I remember when we lived outside of Houston back in the 70's, most communities made it illegal to possess fireworks of any kind. However, there was this small unincorporated county island where you could buy them. But, just outside of this area were cops in unmarked cars waiting for someone that just bought fireworks to pass them so they could pull them over and confiscate their illegal booty. It didn't matter which way you went, they were there... Don't know what it's like there now since that was a very long time ago.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 07-05-2019, 06:15 AM