The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all. Yet another very early day for us. I guess old folk get to bed early and get up early, but we've been doing this for most of our 59 years together. Yup, we hit the big 59 last month. I went to a new doctor last week and he asked how long I've been married, I told him and he says, "to the same woman?????".... Why not, is it out of style to be together with the same partner for a long time?

Tom, went to the local Jiffy Lub a few years ago and vowed never to go back. There's a good reason why they only get two stars on Yelp. Meineke is across the street from them, but they're sitting on two and a half stars with lots of complaints. Pep boys took over a local auto shop chain that I used to go to and Firestone took over another, so I'm going to check them out today, I think they take appointments. One problem is that our van takes full synthetic at about three or four times the price of a regular oil change. Walmart charges $50, well below what others charge. One thing I found out, you would think "full synthetic oil" was somehow man-made, but it's not. They just take regular oil and fool around with it's composition and add a few things, but it's still basically oil from the ground. Just that by using it, you can go 7,000 to 10,000 miles between changes so the higher price is justified.

One thing I wonder about is that how do you know what they're actually putting in your car Waiting ... You really have to trust your service shop....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 07-10-2019, 06:20 AM